Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed yesterday when i turned the fan up to speed 4 that there was a big noise from behind the dashboard.
I think it sounds like air flow hitting something behind. Cool air comes out of vents on one side but not the other side.
Could it be a hose has come of the blower.
is it accessible by removing the radio system ?
help

thanks

Len
Think i posted in wrong thread previously. !

·
Registered
932 Posts
The only place I know of where there's a hose in the system is going to the glove box. Take a look at this and this.

Since you mentioned speed 4 I'm assuming you have the manually controlled air conditioning, so the flaps are controlled by cables. You may find that a cable has snapped, a flap has closed or something. As far as I know the vents in the dashboard are all on one spindle so if you get air on one side but not the other, that suggests that the side vent has somehow snapped shut - so take a look at the vent itself. The side vents will come out of the dashboard with the help of a nylon pry tool if you notice something wrong with them.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very helpful. is the glove box easy to remove. ? as you turn up the fan speed it makes a noise like wind flapping on an umbrella thats why i think it could be some hose off..

·
Registered
932 Posts
The glove box comes off easily enough - undo the three screws along the bottom, pry out the trim cover above the ashtray and undo the one screw there, then open the glove box and undo the three screws along the top; pry out the dashboard end trim, the thin strip behind it and the trim panel in the footwell below that (if the bonnet release is on that side, pull the bonnet release and pry out the retaining clip on the side of the release, pull the handle off and undo the plastic screw behind it). The glove box will slide out, then you have four plugs to undo: one at the top for the light; one at the top for the airbag switch; one at the bottom for the footwell light; and one at the back for the glovebox contact switch. Do not start the ignition without the airbag switch connected - use a flathead screwdriver to release it from the glovebox and plug it back in.

It could also be that something has got stuck in the fan - in which case you need to remove the trim panel at the top of the footwell to gain access. I haven't removed the fan so I can't tell you how to do that off the top of my head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts