Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I originally joined the forum way back in mid 2007 with plans to get a new EOS. Things didn't go to plan and I haven't visited for a while. I now find myself back again.

I get a leased car supplied to me as part of my job and the choice is fairly open. I was all set to order the EOS in September 2007 but then the lease costs went up and out of my reach. I went for my second choice of a Focus CC. More fun and games followed with Ford and my car finally arrived May 2008.

Now there has been a lot of bad press about the CC, the main one being the leaky roof. Mine was one of the new MK2 models and was a dry as a bone. Even more, this was the first car I have ever owned that I have really enjoyed driving. If it was dry, the roof was down. I've been fairly active on the CC forum and met up with like minded drivers for meets & drives. Basically I was content with my choice.

Anyway, just before Christmas I was driving back from a works do late at night when another driver coming the other way lost control on the ice and came onto my side of the road. The result wasn't pretty and the CC was written off. I came out of it with just a few bruises which shows how well they build modern cars. I have pictures that I can share later (of the car not the bruises)

Back with the lease company, I got a quote for a replace CC and you would not believe the price they were asking. It had gone through the roof and out of my reach. I was rather hacked off to say the least. However, the EOS prices had dropped right down and I could get a much higher spec for a lot lower price.

So it seems I have come full circle, just 18 months late. The order has gone in and I'm waiting for a delivery date.

I look forward to chatting and meeting up in the near future.

Richard

· Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm now officially an Eos Owner. Its been such a busy day at work that apart from the 10 mins I had to check the car over when it was delivered and the 5 mins to drive home, that's all the chance I've had to play with the car.

I've just read the owners manual so I'm ready to go. Roll on the weekend.

· Registered
799 Posts
Once you get out this weekend and see just what a fantastic car you now have, I expect it will be another 6 months to a year before you come back onto the forum again! Enjoy - drive safe
Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.