Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

We just brought home a mint condition 2010 Eos with less than 48k kilometres (not miles!) on it.

This is our first convertible and our first VW! So I apologise in advance for any 'newbie' questions - because I have lots and lots of questions to ask. Really glad I found this forum!

Cheers, everyone!

S

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Nau mai ki to hui - titiro whakamua ki te whakarongo ki o wheako wheako i roto i te "Whenua o te White Cloud Cloud".

Silvershadow Ahitereiria

"Welcome to our forum - looking forward to hearing your driving experiences in the "Land of the Long White Cloud".

Silvershadow Australia"

Reactions: Britgirl❤️VW

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the lovely welcome, Silvershadow :)

My Te Reo is not nearly as good as yours!

Thanks again, and I look forward to tips and advice from everyone here.

Cheers, mate.

S

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Batjes,

Santosh lives on the South Island which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful part of New Zealand where magnificent driving roads and scenery abounds.

I am looking forward to seeing some images of the Eos on these roads with the mountains and valleys as background.

:):):)

·
Registered
707 Posts
And I hope he does so!

Of course I’ve seen pictures of The South Island and you are sure right. But then, the whole of New Zealand easily beats the flat Netherlands :D
Some time I must go and visit your country.:cool:
November must be a good time of the year to go, isn’t it?

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
And I hope he does so!

Of course I’ve seen pictures of The South Island and you are sure right. But then, the whole of New Zealand easily beats the flat Netherlands :D

If you cross the equator, spend some time here in Australia as well.

When the opportunity arises, I am sure Santosh and I will be very happy to help you with advice and suggestions to make your trip memorable.

P.S This offer also applies to anyone else - just remember our seasons are the reverse of those in the Northern Hemisphere. I suggest our Spring and Autumn[Fall] rather than Summer given our climate.

:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys! I missed such lovely posts! The forum never notified me! Duh!

Welcome to the forum and very nice sunny days ahead for lovely miles to go out driving!
Thanks, Batjes :) But summers seem so far away right now in this frosty weather and perpetual grey skies! :-|

Batjes,

Santosh lives on the South Island which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful part of New Zealand where magnificent driving roads and scenery abounds.

I am looking forward to seeing some images of the Eos on these roads with the mountains and valleys as background.

:):):)
Thanks, SilverShadow. Yes, I definitely would! And you are right - south is the more beautiful of the two islands (I may be a little biased, do you reckon!)

And I hope he does so!

The Netherlands is an absolutely lovely and even lovelier people. Back in the day I worked briefly with people from the Netherlands Embassy and all outstanding people. My only gripe was the neck sprain I got talking to some of the tallest people I have ever met in my life!

If you cross the equator, spend some time here in Australia as well.

When the opportunity arises, I am sure Santosh and I will be very happy to help you with advice and suggestions to make your trip memorable.

P.S This offer also applies to anyone else - just remember our seasons are the reverse of those in the Northern Hemisphere. I suggest our Spring and Autumn[Fall] rather than Summer given our climate.

:)
Yes and yes, Silvershadow! As they say in Te Reo. Nau mai, Haere Mai, everyone! Unlimited free advice plus a free drink when we meet up :)

Cheers guys :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey everyone!

We just brought home a mint condition 2010 Eos with less than 48k kilometres (not miles!) on it.

This is our first convertible and our first VW! So I apologise in advance for any 'newbie' questions - because I have lots and lots of questions to ask. Really glad I found this forum!

Cheers, everyone!

S
Whereabouts in New Zealand are you? I’m in Dunedin, just bought a 3.2 Eos 🤙🏽🇳🇿

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whereabouts in New Zealand are you? I’m in Dunedin, just bought a 3.2 Eos 🤙🏽🇳🇿
Ah welcome to the team, mate! Good on you!

I am up in Christchurch - so not too far at all! Fill us in on your new ride, eh? Colour, mileage, the details?

Heaps of help available here and some really helpful souls - so good on you for jumping on board!

Cheers, mate.

S

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I bought mine from Christchurch and had my mate drive it to Dunners for me. Mechanically immaculate and drives beautifully, it’s a 3.2. Couple of minor issues which are the A-pillar dripping a bit (might have to fix it myself because I can’t find anyone in Dunedin to do it; the other issue is that the sunroof is extremely slow when closing. I’m worried the motor might be on its way out or rails need lubricating (not sure how to do that), so I’m too scared to open the roof in case it gets stuck!!

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Thanks! I bought mine from Christchurch and had my mate drive it to Dunners for me. Mechanically immaculate and drives beautifully, it’s a 3.2. Couple of minor issues which are the A-pillar dripping a bit (might have to fix it myself because I can’t find anyone in Dunedin to do it; the other issue is that the sunroof is extremely slow when closing. I’m worried the motor might be on its way out or rails need lubricating (not sure how to do that), so I’m too scared to open the roof in case it gets stuck!!
Jools,

There is a lot of information on the forum about rectifying sunroof problems however before you do anything, your first priority should be to obtain some Krytox GPL105 which is absolutely essential for rejuvenating all the elastomer seals on your Eos. A quick check on their condition is simple - the seals should be matt black in colour, soft and supple to the touch. Grey seals that are hard when touched are prone to water leaks and wind noise.

The following thread by Santosh includes his search to obtain the Krytox GPL105 will be of great assistance to you.:

Parking our lovely Eos in the driveway?

The guide to seal lubrication may be downloaded from my Eos Google Drive folder using the following link:

EOS_ROOF_SEALS.pdf

:D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply - I’ll check out the link, I’m fortunate to already have some Krytox and also a couple of bottles of that Gummi Pflege stuff. My bigger concern is the slowness of the sunroof. I’ve seen some posts here about a cog wearing out in the sunroof motor, I’m really hoping it doesn’t give out on me!!

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Thanks so much for your reply - I’ll check out the link, I’m fortunate to already have some Krytox and also a couple of bottles of that Gummi Pflege stuff. My bigger concern is the slowness of the sunroof. I’ve seen some posts here about a cog wearing out in the sunroof motor, I’m really hoping it doesn’t give out on me!!
Always happy to help our mates "across the Ditch" - I have a lot of information stored in the Google Drive folder which I can make available if relevant to any problems/questions that may arise in the future plus our contributing members have a lot of experience in DIY maintenance and problem solving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks again - just reading that pdf which is exactly what I needed, because I’ve yet to apply any Krytox and there is a lot of squeaking coming from the sunroof.

One question - do you know if there’s a guide to lubricating the sunroof “rails”? I’ve found loads of information on just about everything except for this. On another forum, someone said to apply “lithium grease”, but I’m not sure where/how to apply it...

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Thanks again - just reading that pdf which is exactly what I needed, because I’ve yet to apply any Krytox and there is a lot of squeaking coming from the sunroof.

One question - do you know if there’s a guide to lubricating the sunroof “rails”? I’ve found loads of information on just about everything except for this. On another forum, someone said to apply “lithium grease”, but I’m not sure where/how to apply it...
Club member Aku Aku has posted the procedure as part of the following link which also includes a link to a video:

how to get to the guides of the roof???

:).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Always happy to help our mates "across the Ditch"
I can personally attest to that fact! @silvershadow has been most helpful to me and I remember how nervous I was about owning an Eos which 'offers' various interesting DIY 'opportunities' haha!

Personally, I have been fairly lucky so far - knock on wood!

@Jools75 love the rims on your Eos!

Probably a bit delayed but here are a couple of pictures I took after a year of thoroughly enjoying this beauty of a car :)

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-10 at 20.02.01 - Copy.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
2,305 Posts
Thanks for your kind words Santosh but I always try to help out whenever possible. Very pleased your purchase has proved to be a good one.

I am still waiting for some photos of your Eos in your magnificent South Island environment......... I am certain our international members will be envious when they see where you enjoy driving. I certainly am having been there myself nearly 2 decades ago.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts