Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, been reading everyones comments, so hope i'm prepared for my new car. I have eventually been given a build week, so should have my Eos end of April. i have ordered the Eos Sport 2.0 t DSG in Leonie blue, with beige leather. Hope it looks ok as not seen the colour on the car, so slightly nervous!i also went for sat nav with i pod ( actuallly reminds me must buy an i pod!) and multi function steering wheel ( not sure what that means!) and 18" Chicago wheels ( salesman said they were a must!) and the luxury pack. This is my FIRST new car !
Had to order an automatic , I'm such a lazy driver.
Me and my daughter cannot wait to go roofless, and everytime we go out she asks ' would you have the top down now?!' and i answer oh god yeah !
have I made the right choice ? ( broke now so hope so )
Lisa :eek:

·
1,129 Posts
also went for sat nav with i pod ( actuallly reminds me must buy an i pod!) and multi function steering wheel ( not sure what that means!) and 18" Chicago wheels ( salesman said they were a must!) and the luxury pack. This is my FIRST new car !
I got mine back in October with ipod prep in centre console. I considered the 6 disk autochanger but the ipod was a cheaper option and a lot more versatile.
I went out and bought a new ipod nano but the adaptors supplied were obviously for the old ipod nano because they don't fit properly. If you are careful you can use the adaptor to hold the unit steady in the socket but its not as good as it should be.

Perhaps by now they have this sorted any one else seen this or had the problem completely solved?

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya everyone, I wanted the 6 disc front loading changer and also the ipod but was told I couldn't have both. In the end I opted for the 6 disc front loader and bought myself an itrip (less than £10 from Amazon) which basically plugs into my ipod and then it plays through the stereo. Was a really good option for me in the end..............and far cheaper than anything from VW!

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hello, been reading everyones comments, so hope i'm prepared for my new car. I have eventually been given a build week, so should have my Eos end of April. i have ordered the Eos Sport 2.0 t DSG in Leonie blue, with beige leather. Hope it looks ok as not seen the colour on the car, so slightly nervous!i also went for sat nav with i pod ( actuallly reminds me must buy an i pod!) and multi function steering wheel ( not sure what that means!) and 18" Chicago wheels ( salesman said they were a must!) and the luxury pack. This is my FIRST new car !
Had to order an automatic , I'm such a lazy driver.
Me and my daughter cannot wait to go roofless, and everytime we go out she asks ' would you have the top down now?!' and i answer oh god yeah !
have I made the right choice ? ( broke now so hope so )

Colour is great and the cornsilk interior is the best one to go with it (beats black I think). Sure you'll love it. Although the DSG can be driven as a fully automatic it's not actually an auto box, more a clutchless manual (if you want to change gear via the paddles). The car mags all say it's the best paddle-shift so far!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Welcome!
In October I had also ordered a Leonnie blue 2.0 TFSi (black leather) without seeing the colour & shared your concern as to whether I would like the colour. I took delivery of it on 2nd March (my birthday) and I am bowled over by the colour, my wife is also smitten. Fear not you will like the shade of blue which seems to change its hue in different lighting conditions.

Regards

Gravey
(Blackpool)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome!
In October I had also ordered a Leonnie blue 2.0 TFSi (black leather) without seeing the colour & shared your concern as to whether I would like the colour. I took delivery of it on 2nd March (my birthday) and I am bowled over by the colour, my wife is also smitten. Fear not you will like the shade of blue which seems to change its hue in different lighting conditions.

Regards

Gravey
(Blackpool)
Thats great to hear you love the colour, I'm sure I will too. I just cant wait though! I almost wish I'd bought a used one so i could have had it by now, it will be worth the wait!And the good news is my husband does not drive! So I dont need to share! (Hope he doesnt learn now!)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Colour is great and the cornsilk interior is the best one to go with it (beats black I think). Sure you'll love it. Although the DSG can be driven as a fully automatic it's not actually an auto box, more a clutchless manual (if you want to change gear via the paddles). The car mags all say it's the best paddle-shift so far!
One of the showroom guys said the beige and blue would not go! How rude!
So nice to hear you think its a good choice.
As to the gearbox, all very confusing for me! Just wanted an auto, so hope its ok .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got mine back in October with ipod prep in centre console. I considered the 6 disk autochanger but the ipod was a cheaper option and a lot more versatile.
I went out and bought a new ipod nano but the adaptors supplied were obviously for the old ipod nano because they don't fit properly. If you are careful you can use the adaptor to hold the unit steady in the socket but its not as good as it should be.

Perhaps by now they have this sorted any one else seen this or had the problem completely solved?
Havent bought i pod yet, thinking must check which one fits first, my daughter has Nano, so will test before i buy one! It wil be loaded with every Take That album !!!!!!! I wish I had done what Lynne had done though, much more practical.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
105 Posts
Like you I,m waiting for my Eos to arrive mid to late April and I ordered it last July. I ordered the Diesel sport with DSG and paddle shift so cant wait. I ordered both the six disc auto changer and Ipod but cant find out what Ipod you have to get to fit, I have a sony MP3 player not sure if that fits via a USB all very mysterious but still cant waitr to get my hands on it ! Have Fun

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like you I,m waiting for my Eos to arrive mid to late April and I ordered it last July. I ordered the Diesel sport with DSG and paddle shift so cant wait. I ordered both the six disc auto changer and Ipod but cant find out what Ipod you have to get to fit, I have a sony MP3 player not sure if that fits via a USB all very mysterious but still cant waitr to get my hands on it ! Have Fun
Gosh you have been waiting ages, I wanted diesel too but was advised not to, i'm a real girl when it comes to cars, dont undersatnd them, just like driving them! So all the tech bits confuse me! Must ask them where oil goes! and the petrol! And to think I was going tpo buy a Golf Plus! Quite funny.Wonder who will get theres first??!! Enjoy

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have just taken delivery of my EOS 2.0 TFSI with the iPod adapter. You should get a number of different holsters that will fit all iPod including the Nano (I have a 8Gb Nano in mine and it works fine.

·
1,129 Posts
AS far as I am aware with the CD autochanger, you get a 3.5mm jack only in glove box therefore should fit any MP3 player. You loose the control though.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
So the Dealer's either hasn't seen one or he's colour-blind...!
leonie blue is gorgeous i wanted it but i also wanted red nappa leather seats and they dont do that combo so went for silver essance with the red seats . its a beautiful car had roof down twice and only had it 6 days , well if you got it to pose , pose it i say lol

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
leonie blue is gorgeous i wanted it but i also wanted red nappa leather seats and they dont do that combo so went for silver essance with the red seats . its a beautiful car had roof down twice and only had it 6 days , well if you got it to pose , pose it i say lol

Silver and red is a great combination and it looks terrific. I ALWAYS wanted a silver/metallic grey car with maroon leather and this is the nearest I've ever got.

Actually don't think the red Nappa would go with Leonie blue very well so VW have got that bit right. However I DO think red Nappa would go perfectly with Shadow Blue but you can't get that combo either. So I'm not 100 pct sure VW know what they're doing. As I've said before on this site I don't think the colour choice is very good; a sunshine car like this should have a good choice of light colours - Audi's sapphire blue for instance is a great colour that would suit Eoses very well. No doubt they'll introduce a few more when sales start to slow down a bit but why can't they have a decent palette from the start?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree with what your saying about the choice of colours, it almost stopped me ordering my Eos. I wanted that really light blue Audi do. I did ask if they would do a special order in the light blue the beetles come in , but they said NO ! Who on earth chooses the colours ?? Would love to know.Although I love black as a car colour as you say it should be in a summery light colour. Plus they should be more flexible in giving you a choice if you are willing to pay for that choice. Does that make sense !!!?????
Lisa

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
I agree with what your saying about the choice of colours, it almost stopped me ordering my Eos. I wanted that really light blue Audi do. I did ask if they would do a special order in the light blue the beetles come in , but they said NO ! Who on earth chooses the colours ?? Would love to know.Although I love black as a car colour as you say it should be in a summery light colour. Plus they should be more flexible in giving you a choice if you are willing to pay for that choice. Does that make sense !!!?????
Lisa

They will add more eventually but they really need to add a bit of imagination and pizzazz to their colours dept rather than following all the others like sheep but 2 years later... Actually I wrote to VW in Germany to tell them all this 2 years ago but you can see how much notice they took!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Definite Thumbs Up!

Hi,

I walked into the showroom last Saturday and drove out in a 2.0 Litre Tdi dark blue metallic Eos with full leather pack and 18" Chicago wheels etc etc etc - I am still beaming ear to ear a week later.

I have spent all week making excuses to leave the office and go for a burn each time the sun poppped out. Have even driven home in dark with roof down - with heated seats it is a dream!

YOU WILL LUUUVE IT! - The EOS is a wrok off art - so far no leaks or other discussed problems at all?

My first ever new car too - got one hell of a deal - top spec, full leather pack etc - delighted with it.

I will alert you all if my smile fades at all!

Stay sun-drenched and sane.

Juleseboy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts