Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm almost new in retrofit mods world and I'm trying to understand if I can install rain sensor.
I have a 2011 eos restyling and I already used VCDS. I need to check if my bcm control unit, in particular HW: 5K0 937 086 J and component: BCM PQ35 M 011 0045. On some forums I saw that my CECM is not highline but medium, but on VCDS I can find the rain and light sensors' measuring blocks, and they appear obviously as not installed. I would like to check if the physical pin is present or not on the board.
Do you think that I need a repair manual or there exist a smart way to provide the pinout of a CECM on Internet? I searched words like "bcm cecm pinout wiring" in google, various forums, but I didn't find anything on pinout of the connectors.
Can anyone tell me if knows the right way to do a good research about cecm connections, also for other projects aim?
Thank you very much

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
It's not so simple. Do you have the special windshield glass that has the rain sensor mount? Read my post here. The rain sensing and all windows auto close I wanted works well and daylight sensing for auto headlights is o.k but needs some level tweaking with vcds. But I'm not 100% happy with the wiper sensing.

You lose the timed automatic wipe option once RLS is fitted which has worked better than RLS trying to sense water on the screen and do it for me. There are a couple more things I need to look at and I haven't changed any modules yet. None of it is 'plug and play' as there are many variables to getting it working reliably - starting with the screen mount and its color tint. RLS auto closes all the windows, NOT the roof!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not so simple. Do you have the special windshield glass that has the rain sensor mount? Read my post here. The rain sensing and all windows auto close I wanted works well and daylight sensing for auto headlights is o.k but needs some level tweaking with vcds. But I'm not 100% happy with the wiper sensing.

You lose the timed automatic wipe option once RLS is fitted which has worked better than RLS trying to sense water on the screen and do it for me. There are a couple more things I need to look at and I haven't changed any modules yet. None of it is 'plug and play' as there are many variables to getting it working reliably - starting with the screen mount and its color tint. RLS auto closes all the windows, NOT the roof!

Hi, I decided to write this post about finding cecm wirings because I read you post about RLS, and this inspired me. I know about this issues in mounting and sensitivity that can rise up, but despite this i would like to try to do it anywat. I read everywhere guides about retrofit and I understand that is not so simple to implement stuff. My big issue is that most of the guide are about coding and installation, because wiring is a personal factor and it depends on the modules already installed in my car. I don't find any guide about how to understand my CECM wirings and functionality as stand alone guides, and I hope that someone helps me in this aspect.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
If you search and download a paid for EOS service manual, you will have all the wiring diagrams. Unless a private person has gone to the trouble of writing something specific to your needs (unlikely), you will have to collect information, including parts lists and work through what you want and how to do it. V.W are not that helpful providing information for modders which might create service problems for them later on. I don't use the stealer so I don't worry about it.

Not sure what module functionality you want to know about? All V.W electronic modules are pre-programmed to work in a system with others. The specific part number and others that module work with determine compatibility. You don't need to know what goes on inside, only that a module is compatible with others and it accepts the RLS coding.

It's true that V.W sell EOS models with different features and some lower spec. models 'May' have the same module codes with different adaptation coding but their wiring harness doesn't need an extra wire or two or the pins in a connector, so they don't include them. Sometimes you can get lucky and find unused wires bundled in the loom.

Wiring diagrams will show you connectors, wiring routes and colors. Although wire colors used are not always the same. You need to start with wiring diagrams truthful to your car and compare those with the wiring diagram for a higher spec. model with RLS. They might be in the same manual, but I'm not sure. Then you need to do the same for module part numbers. Once you get that right you can attempt the re-coding. But after all that, if you don't have the correct screen or mount you not get everything working. RLS is a very complex module, the fact they work at all surprises me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts