Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help??? We bought a 2013 Eos last December from local VW dealership, car was inside not on the forecourt... after a week we found the roof had a leak so it went back to VW and they replaced the seals so they told us. Car is always outside at the kerb and over the last 2 months we have noticed condensation on the windows... the car is only used about once a month as we have another car. But I thought I would buy a condensation trap and but in the car and went out today to put it in and found MOULD on the seats and seat belt's and on the dash in places... and the water/condensation is so bad that when I opened the door it ran down the window....
We are so upset as we paid nearly £9,000 for the car nearly 11 months ago and now the inside is ruined and I can't see where all the water is coming from.

·
Registered
Black VW EOS 2009 2.0 TDI 16V 138bhp
19 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 2009 and my passenger seat was wet along with the pillar above the passenger window when it rained and all the windows had condensation on them.
I bought some seal lubricant from amazon which is called krytox and applied that to all the roof seals.
It has rained since and my interior is now remaining dry but I need to dry out the passenger seat properly as I still have a little condensation on the windscreen but not half as bad as it was.
There are videos on YouTube and posts on here on how to fix it... That's where I would start and see if it helps.

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
If you bought the car less than 12 months ago from a genuine V.W Dealership and it is now ruined, the best advice is to start writing letters and research your rights under U.K Sale of Goods? You raised a problem after a week, but it sounds as if you were quiet after that? I do not garage MY07, but I wouldn't leave it a month without keeping an eye on it. For long term outside parking I have a couple of car covers. It only needs a small leak to get water into the car and cause a lot of damage if left. Roof seal lubrication with Krytox is the first thing to do. When you open then close the roof, look carefully at the seals running down each side. When the seals are dry they tend to pucker up and misalign after you close the roof. If you don't spot it, water gets in easily.

A DIY condensation trap will be useless. You probably need to get everything stripped out of the interior, dried and treated with a mold killer. In the meantime, borrow a domestic dehumidifier and leave it locked inside for a day. But to be honest, a VW Stealership wouldn't do this, they would replace the interior including carpets if the car was within their factory warranty of 3 years.

I could post up a link to condensation mods (search here) that I did but you are seriously more into leak investigation and cure. But I would consider litigation and compensation possibilities first? Hurry up if you want to start a claim, your year is nearly up.

When you first notice condensation, usually inside on the rear window, it's time to start doing something. A domestic dehumidifier can suck out water and could have bought you some time until the source of the leak was found. IMHO there is rarely one solution you may find on YouTube that fixes all EOS leaks which in some cases are caused by bad design. Work involves methodical and time consuming investigation. With serious leaks the stealership would strip out the car interior to more precisely locate where water is getting in.

after a week we found the roof had a leak so it went back to VW and they replaced the seals so they told us.
When MY07 was first bought, they replaced seals under factory warranty after 2 1/2 years. The cabin interior and trunk was totally stripped bare with all carpets and mats replaced. The work lasted 6 5 day weeks, although some of that time was back and forth admin approval. The V.W work sheet records were the thickness of a LeverArch file and all work was done to EOS roof technician procedures.

If your car was returned after a few days, they didn't do that. Ask for evidence of the work they say they did on your car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anybody help??? We bought a 2013 Eos last December from local VW dealership, car was inside not on the forecourt... after a week we found the roof had a leak so it went back to VW and they replaced the seals so they told us. Car is always outside at the kerb and over the last 2 months we have noticed condensation on the windows... the car is only used about once a month as we have another car. But I thought I would buy a condensation trap and but in the car and went out today to put it in and found MOULD on the seats and seat belt's and on the dash in places... and the water/condensation is so bad that when I opened the door it ran down the window....
We are so upset as we paid nearly £9,000 for the car nearly 11 months ago and now the inside is ruined and I can't see where all the water is coming from.
My wife 08 had the same issues , dealership called in a water doctor, he was useless or they just kept bs-ing us to put us off. I found that the drain tubes running down the pillar posts leaked due to the tube shrinking and not fitting tight being inside the plastic. I pushed in 3/8” ferrals to expand the rubber in both sides. Cured the problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts