Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Seems there’s no information on the manufacturer “Bremmen Parts”, which is probably a brand of ECS Tuning themselves and a name they stick on generic components. That head unit looks like one of the models you’ll see versions of on Aliexpress or wherever. If ECS aren’t able to provide you with instructions or give you details of the manufacturer then I’d return it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If they can't provide information, I would be hesitant to buy from them...
Is there a reason you went with this brand? (as others can tell you, I am not much help with the stereos)
There are a handful of aftermarket stereos that will fit the car, the price range. and should have all the options you are looking for out of the stereo system

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems there’s no information on the manufacturer “Bremmen Parts”, which is probably a brand of ECS Tuning themselves and a name they stick on generic components. That head unit looks like one of the models you’ll see versions of on Aliexpress or wherever. If ECS aren’t able to provide you with instructions or give you details of the manufacturer then I’d return it.
I don't want to dis ECS tuning or Bremmen Parts as I haven't installed it yet. I did return a Chinese unit that I had ordered from Amazon. It worked really well but It just wasn't even close to being bright enough for the EOS. That is unless you were driving at night. ECS has always done me right so I will give it a try at least.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they can't provide information, I would be hesitant to buy from them...
Is there a reason you went with this brand? (as others can tell you, I am not much help with the stereos)
There are a handful of aftermarket stereos that will fit the car, the price range. and should have all the options you are looking for out of the stereo system
Thanks for responding. I have yet to install it and will probably do it this Saturday. I went with ECS because the quality of their products that they sell has always been good. I had returned an Amazon advertised unit and went with the Bremmen / ECS. The Amazon (SCUMAXCON) radio worked really well but the display was just too dim for daytime use. I am trying to keep it looking like an OEM install. I know there are plenty of Sony, Kenwood, etc units out there that work but they don't have that manufactured install look. Plus it's very convenient to have a radio that for all practical purposes is plug-n-play.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I don't know anything about this Bremmen unit, but it does look like it will be a rebranded Chinese unit. There are a lot of variants - this is one such similar unit.

If you want something with Android Auto and Carplay that looks like it's OEM equipment, most people recommend the RCD330. There's even an entire forum dedicated to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know anything about this Bremmen unit, but it does look like it will be a rebranded Chinese unit. There are a lot of variants - this is one such similar unit.

If you want something with Android Auto and Carplay that looks like it's OEM equipment, most people recommend the RCD330. There's even an entire forum dedicated to it.
Wow, there are so many variations on this. That link is close but not quite what I have. Anyhow, I went ahead last night and installed it in my Eos. So far I am really happy with it. I ran two of the USB connections to the series of blanks just in front of the shifter and right beside the traction control switch. One is for fast charging and the other is just a USB connection. It bluetooths to my phone for apple carplay. It also has a built in GPS but I don't have any maps loaded for it yet.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Brand names don't mean a lot with these Chinese manufactured products made in their thousands. Most of the 'names' are just small time aggregators - take boards from here and there, put them together with a brand name and strong marketing. The aggregators probably know very little technically about the final product, other than a list of specs for individual modules. Notice how they often show photos of huge clean factories making the product, it's all clever marketing designed to give re-assurance.

If you really want to dig further and risk a warranty infringment, you have to open the box and write down identification for printed circuit boards and assemblies at the same time you will see how good or badly made it is. This inside information may lead you to a Chinese manufacturer turning out thousands with new variants coming out very frequently, but they will only know something about that board (in Chinese), but not how others have connected up to form a system with modules from here and there. Unfortunately, Westerners have got a brand mindset where we assume a name means one company that made everything and has all the information. Chinese consumer products aren't like that and if they go wrong you only have recourse to the seller/importer in your country or Credit card company. The Chinese will build in returns into their price but it can get frustrating if the warranty doesn't work. You buy these products then test them to death as soon as possible whilst you are in the best position to return them and accept no comebacks if it goes wrong later on.

Why isn't USA making these things as quality products and at affordable prices? Why leave it to the Chinese to steal Western technology and flood the market with rubbish? If I was looking for a head unit I might start with Japanese or Korean and expect to find a website with information and downloads for the product I'm interested in. If I wanted cheap-cheap appears to do everything and throw it away when it goes bad, I might buy Chinese with zero support and not moan about it afterwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts