Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2010 eos volkswagen komfort. Recently I woke up to a flat tire and turns out I had a screw in it ; I tried to get the tire changed but theres a lock on it and i dont have the key ; is there any place i can buy a replacement or will i have to let the person break it to change the tire ?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've never needed a replacement but if its the standard wheel its more than likely the standard locking wheel nut too - I'd try a dealership first.

Most workshops have tools to be able to remove a locking wheel nut without the key, normally it destroys it and even if it didn't.....you can't really use it again without the key anyway......

·
Life is good... so far
1,090 Posts
If you bought the car new (even if you didn't) there should be a styrofoam box with all the tools to remove your tire in the trunk.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
205 Posts
If you bought the car new (even if you didn't) there should be a styrofoam box with all the tools to remove your tire in the trunk.
ROW EOS owners don't have the stryofoam box, their tool kit is inset into their spare tire. With that said, your wheel lock should be with your spare tire, as shown in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I've edited 2phasts photo to show where it is, I assume it is the OE lock wheel nut and not an aftermarket? Your options are: 1) If no unlock key in the trunk, order one to your VIN from a V.W Dealer. 2) Go to a tire shop with keys or a V.W Dealer to get your tire changed. 3) Search Ebay, you can buy a set of keys for V.Ws 4) Order a set of standard wheel nuts and get the dealer or a tire shop with a key to change them - unless you are worried somebody might steal your wheels?

·
Life is good... so far
1,090 Posts
The OP is in the US ( at least the ID on the post indicates it). They should have the box unless VW changed it after 07. Either way The OP should have a tire kit somewhere in the trunk. Also how is the OP going anywhere with a flat tire?

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
205 Posts
The OP is in the US ( at least the ID on the post indicates it). They should have the box unless VW changed it after 07. Either way The OP should have a tire kit somewhere in the trunk. Also how is the OP going anywhere with a flat tire?
Ah yea, thats right. I was looking at the 2nd post when I mentioned the location not the first like I should have.

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
I wondered about that to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts