Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive had my volkswagen eos 2010 komfort for 2-3 years now ; as of recently my check engine has been on but it also goes off sometimes im not sure as to why & ive been struggling to find a mechanic who is willing to work on volkswagen. Another issue is my horn has been working and nothing in my steering wheel control like the buttons to put the radio up hasnt been working either . PLEASE HELP ANY ADVICE IS APPRECIATED.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Do you want forum help on solving this or are you going to seek/find a mechanic? Because if you find a decent mechanic, the forum advice is somewhat moot, right? Otherwise I'm sat about 5000 miles from the car, guessing at things while a paid pro mechanic has the car there with him and can diagnose stuff.

I have no idea why USA seems to struggle to find someone reasonably competent to work on a VW - are they rare there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you want forum help on solving this or are you going to seek/find a mechanic? Because if you find a decent mechanic, the forum advice is somewhat moot, right? Otherwise I'm sat about 5000 miles from the car, guessing at things while a paid pro mechanic has the car there with him and can diagnose stuff.

I have no idea why USA seems to struggle to find someone reasonably competent to work on a VW - are they rare there?

Alot of mechanics here are just used to Hondas , some of they just say openly admit that volkswagen are too complicated or too much work to fix ; so at this point im desperate ill take any advice on here .

·
Registered
319 Posts
Buy a decent (VW) code reader, read the fault codes and take it from there. Both the things you describe should generate a fault code, which will give some direction. Sounds like clock spring but....

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Do some work yourself, post up a diagnostics scan and Forum members may have some feedback from you to help. Otherwise, the mechanic with eyes on your car is always in the best position. If you don't have V.W dealers, what about Audi/Seat/Skoda? they all share the same engine types.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts