Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have finally found some time to register. Let's start from the beginning on how it all came about:

* Read an article in metro newspaper in May 06
* Went to the Motorshow in Oct and spent some time at the Eos display
* Bored one Saturday in Dec and enquired about a Golf GTi and then started to talk about wanting more info on an EOS
* Test drove a GTi and came back with a grin
* Salesperson rang on Wednesday - 5 minutes later I've provided my credit card details! Easiest sale ever!

Really looking to March/April - it's due to launch in March but who knows, as Australia is so far away.....

Decided on a Deep Black metallic with black leather 2.0T FSI (Turbo) DSG. The only bad point is the fact that certain things that I would like (e.g. 18" alloy cannot be ordered without the additional cost of sports suspension) have to be ordered as a combined package. Alarm is a $590 option when it is standard in other markets - we get other things standard that are options in other countries, so I say it works both ways.

Only a few more months to go......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, learnt about this forum 5 minutes ago, already have someone to ask if i can see their car when it arrives. I am presuming you are in Sydney from your post: I live in Walcha near Armidale in Northern NSW and am on an Eos waiting list with Bill Buckle and the dealer in Port Macquarie.
Currently driving a Mazda rx8, wife an Alfa 147.
Good to get onto this club in its infancy>
Jack

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome to the site, glad to see some Aussies make it here. glbulldogs, stick around and you'll know a ton before you pick up your new car!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi from Australia

Hey glbuldogs... are you getting an EOS this year in australia? We just got new Jetta 2L Turbo and love it. Hope to get an EOS at end of lease in 2009..Thanks..KK

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

Yep, I live in Sydney and getting it in 2007. Spoke to the dealer today and they still quote March, so I guess VW HQ have still not told them if it is early or late March. It will be interesting to see if they end up having a long waiting list like the GTI did. I think I heard I was one of 7 from the dealer that had ordered up to Dec.

Look forward to hearing the good and the bad (hopefully, not much) from all you lucky current owners around the world.

G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines been on the water for 3 weeks.

March almost here!!!! and Ive been assured that left Portugal 3-4 weeks ago what have you heard re release date???. Catman a fellow Aussie

Hi All,

Have finally found some time to register. Let's start from the beginning on how it all came about:

* Bored one Saturday in Dec and enquired about a Golf GTi and then started to talk about wanting more info on an EOS
* Salesperson rang on Wednesday - 5 minutes later I've provided my credit card details! Easiest sale ever!

Really looking to March/April - it's due to launch in March but who knows, as Australia is so far away.....

Decided on a Deep Black metallic with black leather 2.0T FSI (Turbo) DSG. The only bad point is the fact that certain things that I would like (e.g. 18" alloy cannot be ordered without the additional cost of sports suspension) have to be ordered as a combined package. Alarm is a $590 option when it is standard in other markets - we get other things standard that are options in other countries, so I say it works both ways.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Ordered mine 8 mths ago and told I was the first??? Long bloody wait though so hope its worth it. Cheers Catman Adelaide

·
Registered
231 Posts
geez, I feel bad for you all waiting for your cars since you are so far from portugal. The VW dealers here in the US have up to 7 or 8 just sitting on the lots waiting for buyers... If I could I'd send you one of those overnight FedEx! Hope you enjoy your Eos when it arrives!

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
geez, I feel bad for you all waiting for your cars since you are so far from portugal. The VW dealers here in the US have up to 7 or 8 just sitting on the lots waiting for buyers... If I could I'd send you one of those overnight FedEx! Hope you enjoy your Eos when it arrives!
If only and they are much cheaper!!!! We pay nearly AUD60,000 which is around USD48,000 for the 2 litre DSG turbo model.

I've spoken with my dealer and unfortunately mine now is coming in June/July. Not enough cars in the first shipment of 200, 30 of which are press cars. If you divide the remaining 170 amongst 55 odd dealers (assuming the regional dealers only get 1 or 2), that means most dealers will get no more than 5 or 6 in the March shipment. June/July shipment's production is around mid March. Dealers are quoting June/July if one puts in an order now....this is sure to increase substantially (probably like the 12 months like the GTI), once people read or see the cars on the road in a few months time.

Oh well, another 5 months to wait.....

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you have to wait so long... Maybe we can smuggle one for you at the USD price! That makes me angry. You know I'm Italian... lets see what the family can do eh? ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi glbulldogs

Hi Just wondering re my latest post if you know actual date in March for release. Cheers Catman;)

Hi All,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Catman, no specifics. A mate reckons he saw one being driven on the F3 (highway between Newcastle and Sydney) about 3 weeks ago..... I still have doubts, even as he rang and described the car that was in front of him. Maybe a factory car having a last minute run????

·
L as in LAnMarc
188 Posts
Looooong wait!

Today was the first chance I had to view and test drive an EOS.
There were only officially released 2 days ago (in Australia)!
Ordered a red manual TDI after driving the FSI DSG around Adelaide for about 30 minutes.
No red manual TDI's at all in Australia so will have to wait 6 months for delivery! :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
It'll be well worth the wait though!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have just test drove DSG T-FSI model and it was nice. Mine is coming first week of April. The showroom was busy with a number of people looking at the Eos. I get the feeling if people are prepared to visit/ring a number of dealers and be flexible with their options, you may get one in April. There is a shipment ariving on March 23. I've heard about an August shipment as well. Really looking forward to getting it hopefully before Easter.

·
L as in LAnMarc
188 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome.
Unfortunately there is only 1 VW dealer in South Australia!
And, if you want a TDI and a manual one at that, you just have to wait.

Another issue, I only ordered the EOS yesterday and now I am wondering whether Paprika Red was the right colour choice! I am thinking that Icelandic Grey may have been a better option (my 2yo golf is United Grey).
Has anyone seen an Icelandic Grey EOS and how does it compare to the United Grey coloured Golf?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has anyone in Aust got their's? Apart from dealer cars, I have not seen 1 on the road.....hopefully ours should be here within 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts