Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having used the forum previously as a guest visitor I thought it time I registered.
I have a 2010 Eos 2.0ltr TDI Auto,Black Leather, Pewter grey. I Have had Vw reversing emblem flip badge fitted. Needless to say I love this car, had it from new and only covered 13k. Just had timing belt, tensioner and water pump done during minor service as advised by VW due to age (5Yrs) as opposed to mileage. It is actually the SE spec but with a few extras such as Multi functional steering wheel and DVD head unit.

I am hoping I can find some information on the fuse box lay out and "which fuse does what" Diagram. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. I am going to fit a power magic pro to work with my transcend drive pro 220 dash cam.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! I'd love to hear more about the reversing emblem flip badge. How does this work and how much did it cost to have fitted??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and messages, The link provided by scratchedeos shows the flip emblem, basically you remove the existing boot VW badge and fit the new badge that comes with an in-built camera. This is activated when you engage reverse gear. The boot or "trunk" badge flicks up and the camera pops out. It amazes me how the boot remains locked and works just as normal. I originally purchased one through Ebay (brand new) from China (Shezian I think was the location) I could find more details if anyone wants the specific information. The company did two types depending on your head unit. Unfortunately having paid an Auto electrician to fit the unit did not work and the company in China agreed to pay for the return postage up front and a full refund (excellent) After they examined the returned unit they said the motor had been damaged and blamed the Auto electrician but they were also very amicable about the matter and things stayed as they were. Obviously the Auto electrician said it was a faulty unit. In the end I still had to pay for the failed installation and removal of it. The unit cost 176.00 GDP including delivery. I would have ordered another but was recommended a supplier who fitted them as well while you wait. So although a few miles away I arranged an initial visit and agreed a day for fitting. But it cost considerably more doing it this way but I was guaranteed full working/compatibility with Head unit etc.. The cost came in at 500 GDP including the full installation and all necessary wiring which in the UK was very competitive.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts