Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there are any EOS owners here who have close to or over 100,000 miles on their EOS. The VW Super Bowl commercial on long running VW autos got me wondering. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
102000 and just had a timing belt shoot off and a coil back and spark plugs go out. But all in all I can't complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have 88k on my 07, 2.0. I plan to have the timing belt and transmission service done this spring at around 90k. I have had very few problems. Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
102000 and just had a timing belt shoot off and a coil back and spark plugs go out. But all in all I can't complain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Isn't the timing belt supposed to be replaced around 90,000 miles as part of scheduled maintenance? Seems like I also read here that the water pump should be replaced when the timing belt is replaced also.

Any issues with the Autobot-esque convertible top? The girls call the EOS a Transformer Rescubot. :D LOL!

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I have 88k on my 07, 2.0. I plan to have the timing belt and transmission service done this spring at around 90k. I have had very few problems. Steve
In your signature, it is always a good idea to include,
Year and model of Eos
Country of registration
Any Special Mods

This information sometimes makes it easier to answer questions for you and eliminates the need to ask for the above info before responding.

These are world cars and can differ from one country to another plus various models have different options. The same goes for the year of manufacture.
Here is a link that will show you how to make the necessary changes to your signature.

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5269

Thanks <><

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had 102k on my 2009 TDi Sport when I sold it last year. No real problems other than getting a warranty on it after 100k!
Now at 24k on my Exclusive

·
YORKSHIRE PUDDING
141 Posts
change your timing belt/ chain every 4 years regardless of mileage.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Timing chains on the 3.2 can be measured on VCDS and need changing if the have stretched to much as we think the 2.0 ltr petrol is the same as vvt is effected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 220,000 KM on my 2008, I have done all the service my self and she is running great, I have done timing belt, DSG service, spark plugs, all her oil changes, replaced the head gasket, made some adjustments to the top and installed the smart top controller.

Don't be scared to work on these cars your self its not that hard and there is a lot of info out there so do your research and take care of it.

LUV MY DUB

·
Chip
33 Posts
I have had to give up and sell mine, unfortunately, at around 36K miles. The problem was not the engine, which is (as it should be) fine. Unusually (it seems), it didn't leak much, either, though once the water downpipes round the windscreen got blocked and I was soaked - with the lid up.

Unfortunately, electrical fault after electrical fault killed it for me, each one seeming to come in at around £500 ($800). I was trying to keep using my local VW dealer (Caffyn's in Haywards Heath, Sussex), however, they never had it (and they had it a lot!) without cocking something up, being late or sending it back with a new, different fault. I saw Rat-888's comment, and probably I should have done the same, but electrics are difficult.

Alarmingly, it was not just roof-related electrics - the MPU went early on, the all-window lowering control (which is the first step to putting the lid down) went, and a window motor (the very day I sold it); these are all shared components across the VW-owned range.

So, lovely car to look at and to drive, but a combination of it being statistically the most unreliable car I have ever owned (that includes some really old BMCs and Renaults in the 1970s and 1980s), and an utterly incompetent garage, means I shall never own anything VW again, sadly.

I still have the wind deflector, which I shall post to sell.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is my first post, so pardon the lack of introductions. We bought a 2008 Eos with 101,000 mi a month ago that is already at 104,000. I'm aware of the maintenance, including a timing belt change due at 110,000, and thankfully have good records on the car thanks to the previous owner's meticulous care.

I'm no stranger to high-mileage cars, as our other car is a 1998 Subaru Outback with (currently) 262,000 miles. Yes, one of the bad headgasket models - Phase 1 DOHC EJ25 engine. The Subaru runs like a champ, and other than having the headgaskets properly fixed a long time ago, and timing belt changed (every 105,000 miles for 2.5L Subaru engines), it has no issues except routine maintenance. I expect the Eos should run for a while too, as long as it is well taken care of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just curious if there are any EOS owners here who have close to or over 100,000 miles on their EOS. The VW Super Bowl commercial on long running VW autos got me wondering. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hey cl
Mine is a 2008 with 216000 miles on it. I've owned it for 8 years.
Only real problem has been a persistent P0299 code, which has gradually diminished in frequency as I replaced vacuum hoses.
I am about to finally replace the original timing belt.
This has been a great car for me, and plan on driving the wheels off.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
When starting a thread discussion like this it's a good idea to consider the 'survey' option. The EOS was produced with several different engines diesel and gasoline and you can't compare apples with apples with an open question. Readers can be confused by answers referring to timing chains and belts. Older V.W engines like MY07 TDi had belt and water pump change recommends at around 60k. Newer engines were 80k plus and I'm not sure if all the engines have the water pump in the timing belt loop?

Somebody thinking they can go 80k+ on their timing belt for an older engine should be prepared for a grenade and it's best to check belt and or water pump replacement mileages at the dealer using your VIN number. Timing chains should not need replacement per se, BUT there are issues involving modifications to chain tensioners which if left without attention could be bad news.

The best open question for the EOS is what year and how many miles have been done without roof problems or water leaks? But even that depends on other factors like how often it's used.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When starting a thread discussion like this it's a good idea to consider the 'survey' option. The EOS was produced with several different engines diesel and gasoline and you can't compare apples with apples with an open question. Readers can be confused by answers referring to timing chains and belts. Older V.W engines like MY07 TDi had belt and water pump change recommends at around 60k. Newer engines were 80k plus and I'm not sure if all the engines have the water pump in the timing belt loop?

Somebody thinking they can go 80k+ on their timing belt for an older engine should be prepared for a grenade and it's best to check belt and or water pump replacement mileages at the dealer using your VIN number. Timing chains should not need replacement per se, BUT there are issues involving modifications to chain tensioners which if left without attention could be bad news.

The best open question for the EOS is what year and how many miles have been done without roof problems or water leaks? But even that depends on other factors like how often it's used.
Absolutely. Mine is a 2.0T FSI .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey cl
Mine is a 2008 with 216000 miles on it. I've owned it for 8 years.
Only real problem has been a persistent P0299 code, which has gradually diminished in frequency as I replaced vacuum hoses.
I am about to finally replace the original timing belt.
This has been a great car for me, and plan on driving the wheels off.
Nice to hear you're at 216K and still plan to drive the wheels off!

I'm around 110K on a 2008 - so I should be good for another 10 years! Love this car. Owned it for 10 years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice to hear you're at 216K and still plan to drive the wheels off!

I'm around 110K on a 2008 - so I should be good for another 10 years! Love this car. Owned it for 10 years.
You will!

I am picking mine up from the shop tomorrow. Hope to post a pic of the old timing belt.
R

1 - 18 of 18 Posts