Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks I will give it a try just hope I can get one I've found it quite expensive to find parts in the UK as it was not a great seller so most parts are main dealer only or breakers

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You have 2 choice:. Take Pot Luck replacing parts you 'think' could be faulty and possibly get nowhere, or take a logical approach by doing some fault finding to get a positive result that something isn't correct. Then fix it or get a new part.

Most of us are born with a working pair of eyes and carefully inspecting suspect parts and wiring first might reveal something if you know what to look for. One member bought the upper lock mechanism and then found a broken pin on the connector. The upper lock is one of the simplest parts in an EOS. 12V drives a solenoid motor for a short 'on' time from a controller to pull back the latch and there's an output voltage on the 3rd wire to tell the system (and display) if the lock is open or closed. Simple stuff for a pair of eyes and a voltmeter. There's plenty in this thread to explain how the upper lock and lower motorised pull down should work, but each part talks through different control modules, even though they might appear to work in sync together.

The EOS has some unique parts not shared by other VAG models and therefore not so common. I'd expect the lower pulldown assembly to be unique, but not the lid top lock?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts