Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
"The more common scenario is for the thieves to swap the plates from the stolen car onto another identical car, that way the unsuspecting owner drives away with the stolen plates"

Your car is at the top of the VW EOS banner (on the right) on every page, as is mine (on the left).
Have you EVER seen another car just like yours or mine in every detail?
No.
Well, were talking about auto theft in general and methods employed by thieves. I doubt the EOS is high on any thieves list to steal. The most stolen cars are also the most common

·
Registered
2015 Volkswagen Eos, Komfort 2.0L
192 Posts
I would think that if you want to be in compliance with your state laws, why not go to you local VW place. They have the OEM holder and can pop it in the correct location and it would be secured. Hopefully they can paint match the areas you need corrected so no rust will form.
I forgot to say that you will need a replacement plate for the one you lost. Don’t know if you will need a new set with new plate numbers. Let us know if this fixes your issue.

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
They will have to have the same make/model/year/colour of car as yours, or it won't match.
Even things like the wheels/trim/seats etc will have to match.
You must have a high opinion of the quality of their cameras and image capture and storage to capture that amount of detail on moving cars, when thousands of cars are passing through the ANPR system? At night, IR illumination will only just show the reflective plates and color won't show at all.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts