Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2009 EOS 1.4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear members,

I've had a good search on here and have not seen any posts about how to open a door if the window has stopped working.....

I looked online and the only info I could find was someone suggesting that it can be done, if you heat up the roof frame rubber with a hairdryer ( To soften it ) then slowly force door open ( But no mention about how to close the door thereafter )

Surely this problem must have occured to many other owners?

Does anyone know what VW would do in this situation ? or have any knowledge about this issue?

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Surely this problem must have occured to many other owners?
It probably has and nobody has asked the question because the solution is well known?

All early V.Ws come with an electronic remote control fob AND A KEY. Only the drivers door has a key lock, but once inside you can open the other door. If you have lost the key, you can get the correct replacement part from a VW dealer when you take in your REG and VIN number. Unless the lock is faulty or has been changed. It should be the same key that fits the glove box and ski panel? Later cars with KESSI and push button start are problematic but auto locksmiths may help.

If you start forcing the door, you will distort its frame, risk losing the glass seal at the top and your EOS could always leak water inside. Window and door lock operation should be separate, not linked. Sounds like you have a bag of Gremlins to sort out?

Believe what you read online (which will mostly be for non-cabriolet cars) and ruin your car. VWs have secure deadlocking.

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Squirt some fairy liquid along the top seal around the glass then carefully open the door with a key whilst pulling it, The glass should work its way past the seal, even when it's raised. But you can't keep doing that until you sort out the electrical system problems. If you get an old plastic Credit card, you can try working it along between the top seal and face edge of the glass, whilst gently pulling on the door. If the glass won't pull back over the seal you may need to put some more pull force on the glass near the top edge using a glazing sucker.

But you can't keep doing this (and in reverse to close the door), so your car is a bit dead in the water until you or somebody knowledgeable scans and sorts out the electrical problems. But at least you can get into the car, start it and drive to the dealer? If you leave any windows even part open parked outside when it rains, your car, carpets and door electrics switches could be saturated with water.

· Registered
2009 EOS 1.4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Squirt some fairy liquid along the top seal around the glass then carefully open the door with a key whilst pulling it, The glass should work its way past the seal, even when it's raised. . .
Thank you, thats exactly the info I needed, now hopefully will be able to open the door,

and get access to the door wiring harness connector. Seeing as all of the buttons on the door stopped working at the same time, I am presuming it is a broken / loose ground wire at the harness connector.

I did use my cheap OBD II scanner and no faults found, I have ordered a used door harness which I ( Or mechanic ) can use to test and see if the problem is the existing harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts