Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

what’s the most fuel efficient you’ve gotten your Eos?

• <30 MPG

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • >30 MPG-34 MPG

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • >35 MPG

Votes: 4 66.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to share, i took multiple 7 hour trips across state lines and went 55 MPG the whole time. the highest gas mileage rating i got was 37 MPG. That was over 430 miles to the tank. My SO didn’t think i reset the tripometer, but 35+ mpg is possible.

·
Registered
173 Posts
just wanted to share, i took multiple 7 hour trips across state lines and went 55 MPG the whole time. the highest gas mileage rating i got was 37 MPG. That was over 430 miles to the tank. My SO didn’t think i reset the tripometer, but 35+ mpg is possible.
It all depends if you have petrol or diesel, and what size engine.

·
Administrator
2,565 Posts
A diesel Eos will almost always have lower fuel consumption than a petrol/gasoline Eos for driving on the same road and speeds.

The diesel engine is more efficient and diesel fuel is more energy efficient.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a bike rack installed which limits me to a highway cruising speed of 55 mph. Freeway driving always averages >40 mpg. My best so far is 44 mpg. I don't have to add any oil between oil change intervals.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 V6 and it's not about economy.... this thing is meant to be driven and so much fun

·
Registered
8,486 Posts
Fun is great until you get new laws restricting high emissions from vehicles in cities and can't drive your car or pay more for the fun.

If you are searching to explore getting more mileage then switch the mfd to instantaneous mpg readout. You have to do your own averaging between readings but it's a fair guide of how the car is driven. For example, if you are lucky to have manual stick shift you can see how perhaps shifting down a gear and running a bit more rpm can increase mpg - that may be opposite to what you would expect. Along roads with twists, turns and gradients you can also see how shifting affects mpg. I ignore the V.W up shift dash icon because it doesn't equate to best economy.

Surveys like this are only a rough guide because engine condition, fuel type, driving and fuel injector performance, can all affect mpg. There's also the question of ECU tuning. It's not always obvious but V.W engines are designed and mapped as stock to run with the poorest quality fuel and highest altitude expected in the markets they are sold. Tuning at least to Stage 1 can exploit this margin giving mpg benefits if you choose the 'Best of both Worlds' map over max horsepower and torque.

If I want to hypermile my 2l Tdi on a straight road at 60mph I can get 62mpg when my average is usually 56-60mpg. I haven't tried at lower speeds, no fun!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts