Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The key in my 2010 Eos won't turn to the accessory position or beyond. My mechanic thinks the lock cylinder housing is the problem but can't get the key to turn far enough to access the pin hole and remove the lock cylinder. Anyone have a suggestion on how it can be removed with having to replace the lock cylinder, having it reprogrammed, etc.

Thanks,

Robert

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
I didn't think there was any electronic programming to do? But unless you get a lock cylinder matching the original key, you will always have a separate key for the glovebox, door and ski panel which I'd find a pain. It will be the more expensive option but I think the stealer should be able to order the cylinder to match your other locks from the VIN. As for getting it out, something is jammed inside and all you can probably do is try to force the key this way and that. If it breaks off inside, you will have to replace more parts. I don't think the cylinder locking pin is that strong and a whack with a punch in the right place might break it, but you will have to remove the lock first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts