Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had a engine management light come on and have obtained the following codes p3137 & p0642. The engine is a BWA 2006 2.0 TFSI. I think by looking online it may be either dodgy connection somewhere or the flap motor needs replacing. I cleared the codes yesterday and have been driving round town and the light has not come on yet. About a month ago I replaced the PCV with a OEM from the VW garage. Engine wise everything seems to be running fine. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
It sounds like it could be intermittent - the worst type of fault. I would look at the connector first, maybe clean both halves with switch cleaner. You could still have the same fault you had last time, something other than the PCV itself.

Sometimes these faults are temperature related. After clearing the DTC's, Try poking arround the engine bay moving connectors and wires to see if you can bring back the trouble code. Play a hair drier over the parts to warm them up.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5731586-Codes-P3137-P0642-P2004-P0299

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's certainly intermittent. I've been to New Milton today and the light still hasn't come back on. I'll have a poke around at the weekend and get some switch cleaner.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I've had a MAP pressure sensor G31 fault latched a few times now.

I am 99% certain their pressure sensor bridge has drifted out of balance, because the atmospheric and manifold pressures are different when the car is not running! :(

When I get around to replacing these things I usually open up the faulty parts and put them under my microscope. I might even be able to fix this one. Watch for a post thread on this!

It seems to me the biggest problem on VW cars is caused by expensive electronic parts failing or just not having the rugged mtbf's.:(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After about a week of driving the light still hasn't come on which I suppose is good news. I've cleaned the electrical plugs this weekend so hopefully that will help. Just one question has anyone had experience of removing vacuum lines near the flap motor? They're really hard to move and I'm worried about breaking something but they need to come off to get the motor out should I need to.

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I haven't been there yet, but I have had problems getting VW hose clips off. I've now found a tool designed to remove most of the removable clips that VW use. Search Fleabay.

Some smaller hoses might be the Oetiker type which are crimped in situ. Those have to be cut across one 'ear' or carefully ground, so they can be peeled open and removed..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts