Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I got a new car in December and my work commitments and Covid have made selling my beloved Eos difficult it's been sat still for a while.

I had someone coming to see it this afternoon so gave it a good look over yesterday and a scan with the Vag. 2 errors came up.
Passenger door window fails to operate (which stopped working when I was functioning the roof) and that gave me a code. Using Vox's awesome guide (thanks bud... again) I have dismantled the door and found a broken cable (as suspected) so the new part is now on order.

My other code was Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 1. P2006 - Stuck Closed - Intermittent.

Is this something that can unseized, lubricated, cleaned? Where is it? What should I be looking for?
I understand Bank 1 is piston 1, is that the one the Offside?

Any help,as always, would be gratefully appreciated.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Cylinder 1 is "front" of engine - the front is the end with pulleys etc, the rear is connected to the transmission. So in a transverse engine car, it would be on the right....which means when you look at the engine (because you're looking back at the car) its on the left! (For simplicity, ALWAYS refer to right/left with respect to the car, not your view of it!)

Its probably gummed up with carbon....you didn't mention the mileage? This is a typical guide to dealing with this wellknown issue:
its on an Audi V10 but its the same idea. Not sure if you can get the chemical as a DIYer.

·
Registered
227 Posts
PS I'd not use offside or nearside either, because its confusing when dealing with LHD and RHD cars and different countries etc.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul, that what I thought, although not as detailed. lol

I gave it a little run and tapped, where I think, the intake manifold is. Then cleared faults and did another scan and the fault is now clear. And, the fumes smelt less rich.

120k miles on the car so highly liked coked up.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Mine is 83k and I do low miles but I know its a time-limited thing.

If yours is now free, I wonder if it might be worth trying those tins/chemicals you can add to the inlet manifold while the engine is running? Like a carb cleaner but for the direct-injection coking issue?

If you're going to have it at a garage and it be stripped down, walnut shell blasting is the gold standard, I believe. Car Wizard explains why he uses the chemical rather than walnut shell though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi

It seems this is a common problem in that there is a design problem with the flat runner/ mechanism and all the crap that gets dumped in from the Pcv system which gums it all up . I've used a spray cleaner via the pcv and temp sensor ports but not sure it made much difference but worth a try given the cost . The humble mechanic on you tube did a very good video on how to remove .

R5

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts