Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put an accent color in the interior of my '07 Eos. The interior is silver leather and plastic and black carpet and accents. The exterior is the Thunder Blue Color (dark blue).
I wanted to do the stitches in the silver leather seats black, but now considering a blue or another color. Any suggestions on an interior accent color, or just skip it?

(I found some Permanent Dye Pens that will color the stitches in the seat, they are made by FabricMate)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Desrock

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
Skip it....why mess with perfection :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I would like to put an accent color in the interior of my '07 Eos. The interior is silver leather and plastic and black carpet and accents. The exterior is the Thunder Blue Color (dark blue).
I wanted to do the stitches in the silver leather seats black, but now considering a blue or another color. Any suggestions on an interior accent color, or just skip it?

(I found some Permanent Dye Pens that will color the stitches in the seat, they are made by FabricMate)

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Desrock
I can understand your dilema. You are the type of person who likes to make changes. I am the same way and have to fight this dilema almost constantly.

Take a close look at my signature. :)

But, be careful, very careful. Some changes cannot be brought back to original if you don't like it. I don't think it would be possible, no matter how careful you are, not to get some of that coloring on the leather. Some of the dye is bound to soak into the leather. And......even if it doesn't, you may not like the stitching after the job is done.

What you could do is dya a few stitches in the back seat near the floor. That way, if it doesn't look good, you can abandon the project and just put some black shoe polish on the stitches.

hey, I can't say it will look good or not. It might be fantastic.

My suggestion is to look at this web site. http://www.carid.com/2009-volkswagen-eos-wood-grain-dash-kits/item-63538.html

Unless you have already done this, it may be something you want to consider. I want to get the silver kit but am not sure whether to go chrome of brushed aluminum. In the mean time, I painted many of the black plastic trim pieces silver just to see how it would look.

I'm 68 years old and one of my favorite things to do, and always has been, is to detail and mod vehicles. The number of mods I have made on my current CC and Eos are many. Most of them are cheap, some of them were fairly expensive. The ones that were cheap and of my invention were the most satisfying.

Never the less, have fun with your mods. The beauty of life is that nothing ever stays the same and it's the experiences we have, good or bad, that make it all worth while.

I take that back. God always stays the same.

<><

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
David,
Excellent comments. I was making the comment not to do anything because I have the same color combination as Desrock. Upon review of your attached photo, I notice that you and I had the same great idea to mount the GPS fore of the transmission lever. I've been very happy with mine there and also took the opportunity to go mini-plug to mini-plug and use the Aux in jack to the headphone out of my Garmin for MP3 playback and in-car GPS directions. Overall, I'm all for mods in moderation--two of mine are invisible (APR tune and Smart Top) and two are less subtle ( .: R badge and headlight eyebrows).

Darren

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
David,
Excellent comments. I was making the comment not to do anything because I have the same color combination as Desrock. Upon review of your attached photo, I notice that you and I had the same great idea to mount the GPS fore of the transmission lever. I've been very happy with mine there and also took the opportunity to go mini-plug to mini-plug and use the Aux in jack to the headphone out of my Garmin for MP3 playback and in-car GPS directions. Overall, I'm all for mods in moderation--two of mine are invisible (APR tune and Smart Top) and two are less subtle ( .: R badge and headlight eyebrows).

Darren
Ah yes, the Smart Top. This is definitely something I hope to get one day soon. For now, I just have the Auto Windows Down, Sun Roof Open with my remote.

At least I can let the car cool down a bit before I reach it across the parking lots.

I had a 2008 Chrysler convertible. They are installed with the auto top down and up OEM. I really loved shaking people up having this car do its tricks with no driver around. :D It was a soft top however, so it would be even better having the Eos do its stuff with the hard panels changing position. Somewhat like the "Transformer".

Let me know if you try the stitch dying and how you like it. If you decide to do the entire car, pictures would be great.

I personally like the look of different colored stitching.

One more thing. Do you have any close up pics of your GPS install? I also like that position. Not quite as nice an in dash system but a whole lot cheaper and probably much more reliable. Mine is a Magellan.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts