Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Interior Storage

7K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Smurfette 
#1 ·
Greetings!

I had the pleasure of testing a used 2007 Eos the other day and, wow! What an amazing vehicle it is. It handles amazingly well and I was incredibly impressed with the lack of major blind spots. It's such a thrilling car to drive!

I would take the plunge and purchase this car, however, I have been driving an SUV for the past 3 years and am concerned I won't adjust to not being able to tote around lots of "stuff". I need to carry at least 3 large boxes around for work and well, I pretty much work out of my car for my job in sales. Fortunately, with the top up, one box will fit in the trunk and the other two will fit in the back seat. That's a good thing. I know that with excess stuff in the trunk I won't be able to put the top down and that's fine. Top down driving will be for weekend excursions! :) I'm just wondering if not having a back door/more space will get annoying after a while, considering what I have been accustomed to. I don't need to haul people as I spend 90% of my time in my ride alone or with my fiance. My only concern is storage.

So I guess I'm looking for a way to justify buying this car! I loved it so much I might possibly be willing to trade in a bit of storage convenience for the fun factor.

I'm curious if anyone else on this forum has had to lug a lot of boxes/suitcases/stuff/etc around in their Eos? If so, any tips on cramming a lot of stuff into the little beauty would be appreciated! LOL!

Thanks so much everyone. This is a great forum! Safe, happy driving to all!

Cheers!
Smurfette;)

See less See more
#2 ·
If not having the roof down all the time is not an issue then the boot is pretty good, we prefer to use soft bags rather than rigid cases. If you aren’t carrying passengers then there’s the back seats too. Long items go through the hatch provided in the rear seat back. You will find it a bit of a culture shock to begin with but it’s really just a matter of deciding which bags work best for you. It’s a bit of a pain if you want to lug a large rigid case around but you get used to packing a number of small bags rather than a couple of large ones.

VW do luggage (a pair of wheely cases) for the EOS shaped to fit in the well so that the top can be put down but they are over 150 quid and I’m not sure that represents best value for money.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
My relatives have always been stunned by just how much stuff I could get into the boot when going to them for Christmas - as well as 4 people in the car!

Always found that when going on holiday I could always get everything in, but of course had to wait until we got there before I could drop the roof.

Once even I managed to get all our stuff in then had to call in half way up France to pick up my daughter and her husband and drop them off in Paris; still managed to get them in plus all their stuff as well and sacks full of apples from her father-in-law's orchard...

It always seemed a bit like the Tardis!

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Since you have to carry boxes, which are not flexible, I don't think you will be very happy with the Eos after a short period of time.

Yes, the Eos is a very nice car, but, in my humble opinion, you will start to resent this car because convenience is your most important factor while working. The Eos will not give it to you by any stretch of the imagination.

If I did not have a nice four door sedan already, I would never have gotten the Eos. My wife and I have used, on occasion, the Eos for short weekend trips, but we use soft luggage which packs tightly together. But for constantly having to get into that luggage, as you will be doing with the boxes for your business, not so good.

I think it will be a PITA to constantly be struggling with two of your boxes in the back seat.

#6 ·
Thanks so much everyone for your responses! Very helpful. I'm still considering getting one but indeed, it will require a lifestyle change! Fortunately, the items I tote around for work are usually "soft" things like T shirts and clothing so they can be transferred into bags or soft cases, if needed. Indeed, it won't be like having an SUV so I have a lot of thinking to do before I take the plunge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.