Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somehow the trim above the door on the left side has become damaged. Possibly unrepairable. Then I couldn’t remove and more damage occurred. In order to keep operational, a knife was used. Now I’m looking at several hundred dollars US for a new one. Any preferred places to throw my money as the price seems pretty fixed?

btw, it’s vw part # 1Q0871261D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I'm not sure what the difference is between the various revisions of 1Q0871261 but I can't believe that the roof itself changed that much. You can find earlier revisions used on eBay if you want to save a bit. Here in Poland there's a B revision part available for about $20 - but how much that would cost to ship to the US is anyone's guess.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m not sure how to search for other revisions. eBay here wasn’t being much help. I found one company selling for $380, but most start at $575. Shipping couldn’t be that bad...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did just find one in the UK, $97+$81shipping, may do that.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
From Poland I reckon shipping could be as little as $40 as a priority package sent using the postal service - assuming that it's less than 150cm long. If it's over 150cm long then it has to be with a courier and then you're talking over $100.

Drop me a PM if you want me to help you out - I can buy it and forward it on to you if you want. Here is the item I found. (For currency conversion, that price is in PLN.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From Poland I reckon shipping could be as little as $40 as a priority package sent using the postal service - assuming that it's less than 150cm long. If it's over 150cm long then it has to be with a courier and then you're talking over $100.

Drop me a PM if you want me to help you out - I can buy it and forward it on to you if you want. Here is the item I found. (For currency conversion, that price is in PLN.)
I have ordered the eBay one from the UK, if it doesn't work out I’ll let you know, thank you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts