Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Volkswagen Eos 2.0 TSI
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the last couple weeks I’ve noticed my Eos (2010, 2.0 TSI, Automatic [DSG]) has been randomly giving me weird “resistance” at highway speeds. It only seems to happen when I’m around or above 70km/h.

Purely for reference I would say it kind of feels like someone “engaged the clutch” for a split second at most, then disengaged.

RPMs blip a little (not enough to make me think it’s downshifting) every time this occurs. Shifting the car into “manual” mode doesn’t make a difference and it remained in 6th gear.
I haven’t yet tested if this occurs in gears other than 6th.

It’s wintertime for me so I was contemplating it being some sort of reaction from my traction control but I’m not getting a traction control light when it happens so it seems unlikely.
After looking around on the forums I didn’t find any posts of similar issues (albeit, this is a difficult one to search for since I’m not aware of any official terminology for such a thing).

Is this something I should be concerned about or am I overreacting? Should I be driving the car like this?
Anyone have suggestions on what to check or how to proceed with troubleshooting/resolving this issue?

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Anyone have suggestions on what to check
Could be many things best checked by a mechanic in a workshop, but check there are no problems with brakes binding and overheating? If cruise control is fitted turn it off.

I don't drive DSG but I think you have to bring on the problem then disengage the transmission whilst driving if that's possible and separate an engine power problem from transmission and wheels? If the transmission is disengaged, then any abnormal slowdown may be caused by binding brakes or wheel bearings? After this event happens, stop the car and go around carefully touching each brake rotor or spit on them. If any are extremely hot, show signs of blueing or a big temperature difference compared to the other axle, your brakes are binding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts