Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well I got them to test the low pressure fuel system. It was producing 2 bar instead of 6. They replaced the fuel pump and just notified me that the car would not start after replacing the pump and they needed to replace the fuel pump control module as well. I do wonder if it needed both or if maybe the control module was bad from the start and not telling the pump to turn on. Or if maybe they broke the control module when they removed the pump. I guess we will never know. I will get the car back on tuesday and will see if my problem is indeed resolved.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
The shop technicians tend to follow Guided fault finding procedures produced by V.W which generally work based on many similar faults in their database - If this, change this, if this, change this etc. and if that doesn't work change everything else at your expense! The real fault may still be hiding there because guided fault finding algorithms are imperfect, especially for intermittent or complex faults or they may find it after replacing parts and not tell you.

Unfortunately, it's V.W policy that once a new item is opened you pay for it because they can't return it. That's sensible because they would have to put the returned item through a complete set of QA tests. When faced with this on a DIY repair I may source a used or aftermarket part much cheaper to help me confirm something expensive was actually faulty. Then I'd buy a new replacement if it's something critical and wears like a fuel pump

At least they confirmed your complaint and you will be happy if the problem doesn't come back again. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I am back up and running. New drama apparently the 40k DSG service was never done and that's going to be like $375 :( I guess that's kind of expected with a used car.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts