Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the Eos world having just purchased a 2009 Tdi Sport (with a known roof issue)
More on the roof later, but I wondered if anyone could clarify what the function of the small black plastic arms/clips are on both drivers and passenger sides inside the boot? See attached picture.
My Eos has the drivers side clip missing and when I went to the stealers, they clarified that I cannot buy one clip on its own, its part of the "sunroof repair Kit". The part number is 1Q0.871.671 as far as I can make it out
Does this clip play any part in the roof mechanism folding process (i.e. with my drivers side clip missing, would this cause the roof process to fail?)
Hope someone on hear can clarify as the dealer was as much use as a chocolate fireguard

·
Registered
967 Posts
Welcome!

The roof sits on them when stowed. The roof process won’t fail, but I’d replace the part before driving with the roof down in order to ensure the roof stays the right shape - which could be even more important given the car has had roof issues.

The part number for the repair kit is 1q0898162 - you may be able to find it elsewhere cheaper than the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am new to the Eos world having just purchased a 2009 Tdi Sport (with a known roof issue)
More on the roof later, but I wondered if anyone could clarify what the function of the small black plastic arms/clips are on both drivers and passenger sides inside the boot? See attached picture.
My Eos has the drivers side clip missing and when I went to the stealers, they clarified that I cannot buy one clip on its own, its part of the "sunroof repair Kit". The part number is 1Q0.871.671 as far as I can make it out
Does this clip play any part in the roof mechanism folding process (i.e. with my drivers side clip missing, would this cause the roof process to fail?)
Hope someone on hear can clarify as the dealer was as much use as a chocolate fireguard
View attachment 22759
Welcome!

The roof sits on them when stowed. The roof process won’t fail, but I’d replace the part before driving with the roof down in order to ensure the roof stays the right shape - which could be even more important given the car has had roof issues.

The part number for the repair kit is 1q0898162 - you may be able to find it elsewhere cheaper than the dealer.
Many thanks for your assistance and clarification, most helpful.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
I think I removed mine to get the trunk trim out and the plastic part at the end is just there to cover access to the screw fixing? If that's the case, the end cap/cover is probably less important than the projecting part. If you lower the roof down into the trunk and use a flashlight, you should get a better idea of what they are doing and if your roof package is sitting level or not. As aku says, roof parts are not parts you want twisted or crashing about as you drive..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I removed mine to get the trunk trim out and the plastic part at the end is just there to cover access to the screw fixing? If that's the case, the end cap/cover is probably less important than the projecting part. If you lower the roof down into the trunk and use a flashlight, you should get a better idea of what they are doing and if your roof package is sitting level or not. As aku says, roof parts are not parts you want twisted or crashing about as you drive..
I really appreciate the response. I have already learned so much reading your previous posts and used your advice to release the c claws via the ski hatch.....when the boot would not open.

Its certainly been a learning curve thus far
regards
Blair

1 - 5 of 5 Posts