Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone got the iPod adaptor in their EOS. I have just ordered a 2.0 T-FSI with the Sat Nav and the iPod adaptor amongst other things !. Whilst I am impatiently waiting to take delivery of my car, I was just wondering what functions are availble via the Sat Nav screen when playing the iPod tunes.

Any info appreciated.

Ian

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ipod adapter

While I don't know for sure, I believe you can view the ipod info and work the ipod through the controls of the stereo. I just plug my Ipod into the aux adapter and it works great, though. I also use Sirius, which I am very pleased with.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the Ipod adapter in my Eos and the standard cd player.

When you dock the eos a VW logo appears on the Ipod screen. You then access the tunes through the cd option on the stereo. It comes up on the stereo as if you have the cd multi changer and you can switch through your playlists like that.

You use the forward and back buttons to skip thru tunes.

It is limited unfortunately, but the sound is awesome!!

I get round it by creating playlists and it works fine for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
cd player with IPod nav?

Hello, I noticed you have the ipod under the center armrest. Did you have to order the navigation to get the ipod hookup? I am in the U.S.A. and have a fully loaded 3.2 coming in a couple of months. I could only get the ipod when ordering a nav with it. I am curious if I have a cd player above the nav screen or behind it. Glad to hear that the ipod is fully integraded into the steering wheel control tabs. Another question. Any problems with water leakage and the top?
Thanks,
Marc

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you get teh sat nav then you need the sat nav DVD in the drive in the dash. This leaves you without a CD player unless you get the armrest mounted changer. Sat Nav will also displace a dash mounted CD changer.

In the UK MP3 preparation is an alternative to the CD changer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ipod Adapter

Hi,
I took delivery in January of the TDI sport DSG. Brill car.
I ordered the factory fit Ipod adapter but for some reason they couldn't fit it. The dealer fitted the cable version that sits inside the glove compartment.
I have the Dynaudio sound pack so the radio, CD and Ipod sound fantastic.
BUT. The Ipod controls are abolute crap. It will play from 5 playlists plus all music on the ipod. It does NOT display track, playlist or any album details. You have to remember which playlist is 1, 2,3,4 or 5. It displays a 2 digit track number that's all. You have to look at the Ipod itself to see what is playing but can not control anything from the Ipod. Searching is useless.
I am amazed that a brand new car has such a backward display.

·
Registered
107 Posts
If anyone wants the official PDF file from VW regarding the ipod connector, PM me (private message) your email and I'll send it you.
I can also provide a link for this by PM instead if you don't want to give your email address.
I also can't believe that the track names aren't shown on the headunit, but by organising the ipod playlists as described in the document, you can get it to be quite usable. It's a compromise, but it's better than nowt!! (Oh, andmy dealer didn't charge me for the ipod preparation....probably because he knew I'd whinge about it:D )
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I have done 2500 miles since delivery and average MPG is 40.7 across this mileage. On individual journeys I have got to 50mpg when a long motorway cruise at 70 is included.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts