Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Is the Dynaudio upgrade worth it?

4K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  EosEnthusiastNB 
#1 ·
As a prospective Eos owner [currently A4 Quattro 2.0TFSI] is the Dynaudio package worth it? I have the Bose upgrade Audi do and am happy, so am actively considering the upgrade on the Eos, but some user experience would help me decide!!!

Great site, useful too!!

Cheers

Paul

#2 ·
Paul, here's the problem; a person can only have one system at a time to play and listen to critically, unless you have very careful planning. If you are really into music, order it now, I tried to order it 2 weeks before build, and it was too late. It sounds dear, but it apparently knows when the top's down, and compensates, and you can't fit it afterwards. Trust me, I checked! The Dynaudio guy I spoke to in England said he had to order it factory built for his Passat, as it's part of the wiring loom.
Go for it, drive slower!
John

#4 · (Edited)
Thank you for the feedback - I've ordered it!:) Just haven't actually told my wife the real cost :eek: - I'm an audiophile, whereas she would happily listen to a full symphony orchestra through a tin can and derive pleasure:rolleyes: . All your comments very useful, I love the fact it knows when the roof is down and adjusts - and drive slower - if it saves me from another court appearance and big fine it will actually be cost effective too!!!

Happy driving:D

PS: Californiakidlet - you make me soooooooooo jealous it isn't true - blue skies, warm weather, Napa Valley wines, San Francisco cool - ahhhh - Brighton in winter in England just doesn't have the same feel! Will you ever have the need to put your roof UP I wonder! Best, Paul

#6 ·
Thank you for the feedback - I've ordered it!:) Just haven't actually told my wife the real cost :eek:
....and for anyone wondering how this ended in case this has been a useful debate - my Eos arrived today, and after a lovely fiddle with the 'Sound' setting [I'll probably have another 'fiddle' tomorrow on a longer drive!] I can definitely say that the Dynaudio is worth it. My last three models of car have all had upgraded stereo systems [Volvo C70 - Dolby Pro-Logic; Audi A4 - Bose; and now VW Eos - Dynaudio] and I can honestly say that that the Dynaudio beats all of them. If you're considering - I'd say do it!!

Thank you to everyone who commented - it helped enormously, and you were all right!!

Paul:cool:

#5 ·
roof up....not!

ya. all the places you mentioned... within an hour or two...i live close to sea mountains, winery's, etc. perfect for road trips. ahhhh but i did head to idaho the night before thanksgiving, i'm sure people thought i was nuts. i never put the top up till it started to snow, going into idaho.... 8 hours into my ten hour trip. then i felt claustrophobic with top up! had to open the sun roof just to see the sky. lovin the size of that. i tell you. it handled great in the snow and made the long trip pleasurable.... hope you all enjoy yours as well. trust me, seat warmers, heater vents aimed to feet (top vents closed) windows up with gloves, hat, sweatshirt.... it was down to 32 degrees outside, but i was comfy.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.