Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,
I have an issue with one of the (the passenger side one) side flaps. When i start the opening of the roof one of the flaps doesnt open entirely and i need to push it manually all the way to the side. It pops at 50% and i need to push it for the other 50%. Does anyone had similar issue ?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant find anything related to my problem. Most of the problems related to the flaps are when someone is trying to close the roof and the flaps stay open. I have the reverse problem while opening it, and its only on the passenger side. Maybe i am not searching properly for my problem.

·
Registered
VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG 2008
7 Posts
Check this:

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
805 Posts
The flaps can be adjusted via screws on the bottom. Your first step is to determine if its getting caught on something when opening the roof, then you can loosen said screws and adjust the cover piece so it clears the obstacle. One of mine had this issue if it sat out in the sun for a long time. Plastic expands with heat and contracts when cold, so it just needed a slight adjustment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I have a similar problem. the small flap next to the back headrest on drivers side got stuck tonight. it sits open when i have put the top down. Its the small flap NOT the longer flap that sits infront of it. I seem to think it has something to do with the small wire rope that holds this flap in place. when the boot is tilted backwards ready for roof to stow away this flap is on that. Can some help with this problem please. TIA. Regards Sue

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings, I have an issue with one of the (the passenger side one) side flaps. When i start the opening of the roof one of the flaps doesnt open entirely and i need to push it manually all the way to the side. It pops at 50% and i need to push it for the other 50%. Does anyone had similar issue ? Thanks
I used to have this problem. There is too much slack in the flap cords. Find the cord that is engaged/threaded into the flap and tighten it a little by making a knot

·
Registered
8,639 Posts
Unfortnately, posters use the same word 'Flaps' to describe the hard covers that pop up when you open the roof and the soft fabric covers that are pulled by black strings. Adding a photo helps make it clear where your problem is.

Your problem could be the sliding spring tensioner fitted inside the top side trims at the back. There's a 'Y' plastic sliding part inside each trim cover that sticks and benefits some Krytox lubrication. Shortenening the black strings you may read on the internet rarely works, because the tensioner is sticking and isn't pulling them tight as it should. The 'repair' shouldn't need any parts - just removing roof side trims, lube and making sure the mechanism doesn't stick.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts