Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All my new EOS Friends! This is my 2011 (Best year due to MUCH nicer taillights, front Chromed grille & after 2011 they eliminated so many great features, like behind seat storage...I won't even go on so no 1 feels bad. ALL models are UNIQUE & AWESOME!

Did ALL Customizing myself-everything Blue, chrome Mirrors, Body side molding (39.95 PAINTED-amazon.com-"Honda Accord body side molding"!!! Perfect fit, better "look" than 200+ EOS molding, & Honda OEM!

Ground effects courtesy of EZLIP. Get it on amazon-2 sets at 35.00 each, or less maybe on ebay depending on timing.

Carbon fiber/Blue trim courtesy of Cowles-THE BEST. Only stick on 3M bearing tape!!!

Stitched on Steering wheel cover-took 4 hours. Results just like OEM.

My ONLY problem-I'm only getting 18.5 mpg & I live in the suburbs of Long Island. So, I'd say 70/40 City/Country. I don't race nor beat on it. Everything is fine-Certified, tuned & 112 point serviced. Tires at 36psi as required. Concerned about the 18mpg. Any1???

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey All my new EOS Friends! This is my 2011 (Best year due to MUCH nicer taillights, front Chromed grille & after 2011 they eliminated so many great features, like behind seat storage...I won't even go on so no 1 feels bad. ALL models are UNIQUE & AWESOME!

Did ALL Customizing myself-everything Blue, chrome Mirrors, Body side molding (39.95 PAINTED-amazon.com-"Honda Accord body side molding"!!! Perfect fit, better "look" than 200+ EOS molding, & Honda OEM!

Ground effects courtesy of EZLIP. Get it on amazon-2 sets at 35.00 each, or less maybe on ebay depending on timing.

Carbon fiber/Blue trim courtesy of Cowles-THE BEST. Only stick on 3M bearing tape!!!

My ONLY problem-I'm only getting 18.5 mpg & I live in the suburbs of Long Island. So, I'd say 70/40 City/Country. I don't race nor beat on it. Everything is fine-Certified, tuned & 112 point serviced. Tires at 36psi as required. Concerned about the 18mpg. Any1???[Oh, has 13,900 mi.]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Did ALL Customizing myself-everything Cobalt Blue, chrome Mirrors, Body side molding (39.95 PAINTED-amazon.com-"Honda Accord body side molding"!!! Perfect fit, better "look" than 200+ EOS molding, & Honda OEM!

Carbon fiber/Blue trim courtesy of Cowles-THE BEST. Only stick on 3M bearing tape!!! Can't see but also same blue trim on top of Carbon fiber trim is on bottome of windshield wind-blocker, matched with same on back of each rear headrest, so the view from behind with the top down looks OEM & my Artist-niece did help me do that ONLY.

My ONLY problem-I'm only getting 18.5 mpg & I live in the suburbs of Long Island. So, I'd say 70/40 City/Country. I don't race nor beat on it. Everything is fine-Certified, tuned & 112 point serviced. Tires at 36psi as required. Concerned about the 18.5 mpg. Any1??? [Oh, has 13,900 mi.]

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

My ONLY problem-I'm only getting 18.5 mpg & I live in the suburbs of Long Island. So, I'd say 70/40 City/Country. I don't race nor beat on it. Everything is fine-Certified, tuned & 112 point serviced. Tires at 36psi as required. Concerned about the 18mpg. Any1???
Congrats on your Eos purchase and your desire to start a few mods. I hope you will continue to be a large part of this forum and share your future mods with and you are so right, all models of the Eos are awesome, in that the basic concept is very unique.

What are you referring to when you say, "after 2011 they eliminated so many great features, like behind seat storage...I won't even go on so no 1 feels bad."

That statement causes me some confusion. :confused: I did not know VW eliminated some of the Eos features after 2011. I thought they only did a few minor body mods that consisted of addition of the Corporate grill and different taillight styling.

By the way, what are the round holes in the rearward portion of your front fender, Just in front of the outside rear view mirror? Looks somewhat like a Buick wannabe.:)

Are they for additional brake cooling, engine heat elimination or some other function? Just curious.

The reason I am asking about them is because Buick has used this type of styling since the 40s. Three holes were for the cheaper models and 4 holes were for the more expensive models such as the Super and Roadmaster. In fact, GM is still using the "Holes" and the amount of them to depict various models of the Buick.

And, what is that round thing hanging on your right, rear headrest? Possibly an extra Steering Wheel Cover? Hard to tell since the picture is not very close to it.

Oh, one more thing,

In your signature, it is always a good idea to include,
Year and model of Eos
Country of registration
Any Special Mods
Current Mileage

This information sometimes makes it easier to answer questions for you and eliminates the need to ask for the above info before responding.

These are world cars and can differ from one country to another plus various models have different options. The same goes for the year of manufacture.
Here is a link that will show you how to make the necessary changes to your signature.

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5269

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
2014 Horizon Blue
290 Posts
Wow. Your car looks fantastic! I love those two-tone seats! Excellent work! It all looks very professional and VERY unique!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Congrats on your Eos purchase and your desire to start a few mods. I hope you will continue to be a large part of this forum and share your future mods with and you are so right, all models of the Eos are awesome, in that the basic concept is very unique.

What are you referring to when you say, "after 2011 they eliminated so many great features, like behind seat storage...I won't even go on so no 1 feels bad."

That statement causes me some confusion. :confused: I did not know VW eliminated some of the Eos features after 2011. I thought they only did a few minor body mods that consisted of addition of the Corporate grill and different taillight styling.

By the way, what are the round holes in the rearward portion of your front fender, Just in front of the outside rear view mirror? Looks somewhat like a Buick wannabe.:)

Are they for additional brake cooling, engine heat elimination or some other function? Just curious.

The reason I am asking about them is because Buick has used this type of styling since the 40s. Three holes were for the cheaper models and 4 holes were for the more expensive models such as the Super and Roadmaster. In fact, GM is still using the "Holes" and the amount of them to depict various models of the Buick.

And, what is that round thing hanging on your right, rear headrest? Possibly an extra Steering Wheel Cover? Hard to tell since the picture is not very close to it.

Oh, one more thing,

In your signature, it is always a good idea to include,
Year and model of Eos
Country of registration
Any Special Mods
Current Mileage

This information sometimes makes it easier to answer questions for you and eliminates the need to ask for the above info before responding.

These are world cars and can differ from one country to another plus various models have different options. The same goes for the year of manufacture.
Here is a link that will show you how to make the necessary changes to your signature.

http://www.vweosclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5269
Hi David, ntmy! Thanks for all of your info. as well as questions!

Ok, after 2011 they discontinued the "Sport" model, leaving the Komfort, Lux & The Executive, and they changed the very beautiful heavy dose of chrome on the front grille to that of their other cars, as well as the really cool big round clear tail lights to, IMO, "Blah" average & common "All Red, too narrow", as well as quoted from some reviews. "Facelift"? "Setback" is more appropriate. Much cheaper to produce for sure, losing all that gorgeous chrome. They took away a pretty big part of its uniqueness by fitting it with a similar front end many new cars have. So, 2011 back are now "Most desired", per my extensive research, as well as from chats with various dealers in my region. "Most in-demand".

The sound system went from 10 to 8 speakers & the 400 watt Amplifier was also n/a. 18" Silver coated rims-also n/a after 2011. Compare, top down going 70mph, the 400 Watt, 10 speaker system to the newer "Premium" sound-like night & day in every way! Clarity, power, Equalizer-all at 1/2 way volume up with the 10 spkr./amp-not even possible full blast in the post-2011 models. Sorry! :(

And what really upset me, with the limited storage as is, was eliminating the big back of seat "Pouches"! I have my long handle Swiffer Duster, towels, a laptop, magazines & books, as well as clip-on items for interior-detailing, like small brushes & rubber point scrubbers, on/in both of them. All easily accessible items only.

VW did all they could to make up for the huge losses they took from putting every bit of $$ into the production of the earlier-to 2011 EOS' & left nothing for marketing the car. After 2011, they started making up for some of those losses by no longer producing said items & 1 review stated "Some materials seem/are of lesser quality" (2014 Models mainly-final year of production tho. I've also heard 2015 is).

Yes, the round thing is a steering wheel cover that matches the interior, & I hang 1 over each rear headrest-looks sporty & curious as well as breaks up the rear view of the vehicle to add some of the interior colors to the outside view. Under each on the bottom of each head rest is a strip of 1/2 inch Carbon fiber molding topped with a 1/4" of Cobalt blue trim-Cobalt is the blue inside entirely.

The 2 "Holes" on each side of the vehicle are emblems-2 for 4 cyl. 3 for 6, 4 for 8 cyl./each side. There are dozens of "designs" out there, for front, side & rear panels, & the rear end. I stopped with just those. I like the oval/Carbon fiber "mesh" inner, chrome outer style-goes with the EOS shape. The "mesh" make em look functional & every1 thinks they are. But I don't lie about them. They brought the front 1/4 panels to life, so who cares if they're "fake"? People like bumper stickers-"to each his own". I'd never put 18" or 19" rims/low tires, body kits on it...that's for kids. Not a "Wannabe", all I want is this EOS, "Tweaked" as is :D

I'll take more pics showing close-up interior additions soon, as the Carbon fiber & blue trim, plus I chromed out the frame of the rear wind blocker after taking these, are not visible.

The EOS is & always was considered an unexciting, typical looking car-"looks like a Toyota Corolla" per 1 review, & almost every review by everyone reputable claims the car is "plain". I agreed, so I spruced it up with the available resources I could find, while keeping its integrity for a man of 51 years of age. That's why you don't see 19" rims with low profile tires lol.

But I am doing a dual exhaust. As well as a front-lip to protect the hood. Don't like the rear spoiler as I LOVE the huge trunk AS IS, plus every1 has a "useless as my emblems lol" spoiler. Again, added EZLIP ground effects, side body molding, chrome to side view mirror frames & blue tint over the fog lights-all to "Spruce it up". For myself, it gives me great pleasure to look at-NOW. And I humbly admit, I get screamed at constantly; "Nice Car!!!" Lol. "What is that !"?!?! "WTF IS THAT!!!" hehehe. It's so much fun at fifty one! This is my 6th convertible btw, & my favorite by far. I had a Mazda RX-8 Convertible too. Nice, but not an EOS.

As for all the info. you suggested I put, if you look at my re-posts, all of it is in there.
Thanks again for the "congrats"! David! Happy EOSing! ;)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Hi David, ntmy! Thanks for all of your info. as well as questions!

Ok, after 2011 they discontinued the "Sport" model, leaving the Komfort, Lux & The Executive, and they changed the very beautiful heavy dose of chrome on the front grille to that of their other cars, as well as the really cool big round clear tail lights to, IMO, "Blah" average & common "All Red, too narrow", as well as quoted from some reviews. "Facelift"? "Setback" is more appropriate. Much cheaper to produce for sure, losing all that gorgeous chrome. They took away a pretty big part of its uniqueness by fitting it with a similar front end many new cars have. So, 2011 back are now "Most desired", per my extensive research, as well as from chats with various dealers in my region. "Most in-demand".

The sound system went from 10 to 8 speakers & the 400 watt Amplifier was also n/a. 18" Silver coated rims-also n/a after 2011. Compare, top down going 70mph, the 400 Watt, 10 speaker system to the newer "Premium" sound-like night & day in every way! Clarity, power, Equalizer-all at 1/2 way volume up with the 10 spkr./amp-not even possible full blast in the post-2011 models. Sorry! :(

And what really upset me, with the limited storage as is, was eliminating the big back of seat "Pouches"! I have my long handle Swiffer Duster, towels, a laptop, magazines & books, as well as clip-on items for interior-detailing, like small brushes & rubber point scrubbers, on/in both of them. All easily accessible items only.

VW did all they could to make up for the huge losses they took from putting every bit of $$ into the production of the earlier-to 2011 EOS' & left nothing for marketing the car. After 2011, they started making up for some of those losses by no longer producing said items & 1 review stated "Some materials seem/are of lesser quality" (2014 Models mainly-final year of production tho. I've also heard 2015 is).

Yes, the round thing is a steering wheel cover that matches the interior, & I hang 1 over each rear headrest-looks sporty & curious as well as breaks up the rear view of the vehicle to add some of the interior colors to the outside view. Under each on the bottom of each head rest is a strip of 1/2 inch Carbon fiber molding topped with a 1/4" of Cobalt blue trim-Cobalt is the blue inside entirely.

The 2 "Holes" on each side of the vehicle are emblems-2 for 4 cyl. 3 for 6, 4 for 8 cyl./each side. There are dozens of "designs" out there, for front, side & rear panels, & the rear end. I stopped with just those. I like the oval/Carbon fiber "mesh" inner, chrome outer style-goes with the EOS shape. The "mesh" make em look functional & every1 thinks they are. But I don't lie about them. They brought the front 1/4 panels to life, so who cares if they're "fake"? People like bumper stickers-"to each his own". I'd never put 18" or 19" rims/low tires, body kits on it...that's for kids. Not a "Wannabe", all I want is this EOS, "Tweaked" as is :D

I'll take more pics showing close-up interior additions soon, as the Carbon fiber & blue trim, plus I chromed out the frame of the rear wind blocker after taking these, are not visible.

The EOS is & always was considered an unexciting, typical looking car-"looks like a Toyota Corolla" per 1 review, & almost every review by everyone reputable claims the car is "plain". I agreed, so I spruced it up with the available resources I could find, while keeping its integrity for a man of 51 years of age. That's why you don't see 19" rims with low profile tires lol.

But I am doing a dual exhaust. As well as a front-lip to protect the hood. Don't like the rear spoiler as I LOVE the huge trunk AS IS, plus every1 has a "useless as my emblems lol" spoiler. Again, added EZLIP ground effects, side body molding, chrome to side view mirror frames & blue tint over the fog lights-all to "Spruce it up". For myself, it gives me great pleasure to look at-NOW. And I humbly admit, I get screamed at constantly; "Nice Car!!!" Lol. "What is that !"?!?! "WTF IS THAT!!!" hehehe. It's so much fun at fifty one! This is my 6th convertible btw, & my favorite by far. I had a Mazda RX-8 Convertible too. Nice, but not an EOS.

As for all the info. you suggested I put, if you look at my re-posts, all of it is in there.
Thanks again for the "congrats"! David! Happy EOSing! ;)
I certainly agree with you regarding the front chrome. When the new "Corporate Grill" was introduced, I knew it was for saving money. Less chrome, cheaper manufacturing. That's why I love the Chrome front of my car and even added a bit more.

Also, I love the "Non-red" look of the older LED tails.

I did know about the cheapening of the Stereo system but was not aware that they dropped the seat pockets. What a shame. I use mine for a phone book, umbrella and a few other things. That is something that is usually only found on very, very stripped down models of cars from previous years.

I am 72 years old and also enjoy doing DIYs as you can see by my Photo Album and also have no intention of doing any Teen Ager mods such as seriously oversized wheels or "slamming" my car so that it cleans off the paint on the oil pan every time I go over a speed bump. :(

I particularly want to see some very close up shots of your seats. They are very good looking and interesting, to say the least.

By the way, don't be too quick to put the OEM trunk spoiler down. I had pondered the side view of the Eos for the last couple of years. I didn't like that the hood slopes downward and the trunk also slopes downward. I like the true wedge look, or sometimes referred to as a a "Hot Rod" style. I had a brand new 1976 Triumph TR7 that also has the look I love. My favorite car, the Hot Rod to die for is enclosed in this post.

So, for the past year I have been searching for something that would raise the profile of the Eos at the rear but there are no appropriate spoilers available. Most were to big and "ricey" looking.

Since I was going to paint and install it myself, I figured it wouldn't break the bank by ordering it. If I didn't like it, I could always send it back and just pay a restocking fee and the freight. The paint, I could always use a some point.

Well, after getting it and taping it on temporarily, I really liked how it gave the car a bit more flair from the side and wasn't overbearing from the rear.

Now the downward slope of the trunk isn't noticeable and, in my humble opinion, the care has more sleek look to it.

Keep up the nice mods on your car and set up a Photo Album like I did so that it is easy to follow your work. I wish all of our members would do this so that we could follow the nice DIYs that they do. That way instead of having to search through hundreds of posts to find a pic or two that they posted at some point in the past, we could just click a link at the end of their post.

And about the Dual Exhausts....the Eos definitely needs that look. The rear end needs a more balanced look. That will be a mod I will do someday.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
What I did was install the Honda Accord side body molding, tilting it slightly upwards as it approaches the back/trunk, without losing the exact track of the body lines, & that gave it the look you (& I) desire, the hot rod sloped look. The molding is wide, about 1 1/2 inches at its widest, then narrows perfectly to also add to the slope.

I'm considering putting 18" rims/tires on the rear, 17's on the front, as well. Cadillac does that as far as I have learned about that aspect of cars.

The seat "Sideless covers" are here; http://www.ebay.com/itm/281224988076?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Actually, the ones in the picture I replaced with these as the 1st ones completely covered the seat bottom & no matter how tightly I hooked on the elastic as well as added my own clips, they kept coming unruly & sloppy looking. These here have no bottom "Skirting" & are a perfect fit-top quality & more cushioning :)

I may do some sort of trunk "Lip", but again, I just love the thickness & curves of the trunk as-is.

I will be posting more pics as you suggest, & learn how to do it correctly.

Also, get your "Krylox" top lubricant on ebay-1 oz. for $22.00 & 3 drops spread out with your finger on each section of rubber. There are many EOS "How to" videos on YouTube. Just type in what you'd like to see/learn.

A pleasure David! Will keep in touch-please do the same! John

UPDATE; Here's the pics you requested David, & more. Pollen on side mirror lol! 29.95 for 3 piece Sport Pedals-ebay, from China. Brushed aluminum/protruding rubber grips-GO CHINA!!! Got a replacement side glass with inner frame/connectors for 19.95, free shipping, ebay China! 129.00 here.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You! I've since removed the mats & replaced with better, same blue rubber of exact size & shape. Also installed same blue (Cobalt) Rimskins or Rimblades on the rims. For 45.00 I found the front grille brand new online that goes on the European models, which has no chrome & is much like the 2012 & newer, & no badge. Going to lose the chrome around the mirrors too & replace with black Carbon Fiber, which I am also adding inside the steering wheel badge & trunk badge after I Rubber dip them. Will post when done. Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts