Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was surfing and came across this software change that allows you to control the windows with the remote key fob. Best of all its a UK stockist. Perhaps with a little research it may do the roof as well?

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/ecs.html

·
Registered
231 Posts
very nice.

This is an option with my wife's infiniti. I'm not too interested in the roof operation, but I do like the ability to open and close windows and sunroof. I would like to get one, but I'll see what kind of reviews are posted first. Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hmm.

For years Audi owners have had the luxury of being able to control window up and down functions via keyfob remote. Now Volkswagen owners can enjoy the same feature!

Just a little point, as an Audi driver of some years standing [26 days before Eos at this point!], I certainly don't know about controlling the windows via the keyfob!!!! What you can do is to close the windows if you've left them open, by retaining pressure on the 'lock' button - after a short delay any open window will close. This is a bit less functionality than described here - so if anyone is planning to plunge in with this I'd be inclined to check. It may of course be that there is an ability to add after market functionality to Audi's to enable this, and that this is what is being referred to, but it doesn't sound that way to me. Safety First eh!

Paul:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
BMW have had this feature for years. My Mini had this function as does my E46 BMW. Press and hold the unlock button on the Key fob and all windows roll down and the Sunroof opens. Press and hold the lock button on the Key fob and all windows and the Sunroof close. Same function can be accessed by holding the key in the drivers door in the unlock or locked position.

I understand that the VW Eos can be configured to do this in all but North American models by either the dealer or for those with the Full sized MFD by the owner in the Convenience Menu.

Can I respectfully suggest that the Driver's Handbook will provide a wealth of information if people would just bother to take the time to read it. :D

·
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I understand that the VW Eos can be configured to do this in all but North American models by either the dealer or for those with the Full sized MFD by the owner in the Convenience Menu.
:D
That's exactly what the device does it flash loads the VW chip with the appropriate software modules. quote "Please note this is not a feature that can be enabled via VAG-COM this unit flashes the convenience control module with new coding.
Modules 1C0 or 6Q0:"

The same as the dealer would do but probably at a greater cost. This is the DIY option.

·
Registered
104 Posts
. . . this unit flashes the convenience control module with new coding.
Modules 1C0 or 6Q0
I purchased one of the roof modules that does the windows/roof but never actually installed it. I found out that VW frowns on mods to the car, and I'm sure that they wouldn't be impressed if owners are flashing over their software to bypass factory settings.

I'd be too afraid that VW would void the roof warranty due to changing those systems-- that's why the mod I bought never got installed.

Expensive roof system. Brand-new in North America. No long-term history on car. This could all equal a bad result if something happens to the car and VW find changed code or non-factory modules...

Just my thoughts.

By the way, anyone want to buy a roof module? never used. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts
If it doesn't void warranties, one should buy it... and charge, say $10 a person to use it and mail it back since it is a one time flash. Of course you would have to trust the folks you share it with, but it is a cheap option to spread the wealth and save money. Willing to bet interested people in this forum would probably be trustworthy.

But like I said... no warranty void, then I'd consider it. Or call me after 4 years or 50k miles.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Verified. Using a VAG-CAN, you can have the following set

Open with remote (press/hold unlock):
Windows down [open]
Sunroof Open
One or both

Close with remote (press/hold lock):
Windows up
Sunroof Closed
Again either and or.

The open/close can be any of the above combination. *non-usa VWs already allow this!

Look in http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1427299 for helpers! Most don't even charge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts