Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is Danielle. I'm 23 and made my first big girl purchase!!! I recently purchased a used 2010 EOS that I did lots of research on and come to find out.. I am in love with it more than I thought I would be. I have had some pretty bad luck with things since the first week I got it (someone backed up into my door a week later, there was a small coolant leak that wasn't covered by warranty, I accidentally drained the battery once because I wasn't used to the lights) but after these repairs I still love it the same as before. No complaints on the maintenance or condition. The car looks like it was taken care of very well! However, it's been a few weeks now and just yesterday I noticed that when I put the top down everything mechanical was working smoothly except the last "flap" that closes before it finishes on my passenger side would not go down. I read a few discussions in here and got excited when I seen this was a forum for EOS models so I decided to make an account and get some advice from my team of cool drivers 8) Anyone know a solution for this? No wires appear to be broken or anything, it just seems that the metal piece that rotates to pull down the chain isn't moving. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
The wire that pulls the flap down is attached to the hinge which you can see looking in the trunk. They use a plastic coupling which can break. When the roof is part open and the flaps are fully open swung out, you should be able to pull the wire at the far end and make the flap close against its spring. When both flaps are part open, check they are both aligned the same and wiggle the suspect flap. If it seems lose and wobbles about, there are some plastic parts inside the flap that can break, but this should only affect the smooth opening and not so much the pulling closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts