Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Black VW EOS 2009 2.0 TDI 16V 138bhp
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm looking for a front drivers wing in LC9X Black. Does anyone have one for sale in good condition as I've had someone drive into mine while it was parked ☹.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
That's a shame when it's not your fault. I replaced both my front wings because they were rotten (top and rear). Even the newest pre-facelift was hard to find and virtually impossible in Eismeer blue. Shipping a used wing then finding problems was too risky. In the end I bought 2 new aftermarket primed wings, and had them painted. You've got paint damage on the front fender and by the time the painter has setup, you might as well have the new wings painted and blended into the fender and doors. I paid about £100 similar to this one on Fleabay. They are not genuine V.W but the metal was the same thickness and my painter said there was some slight distortion one side, which he corrected when fitting. I just don't think it's worth the risk buying used and being disappointed or finding it has to be re-painted anyway.

·
Registered
Black VW EOS 2009 2.0 TDI 16V 138bhp
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool cheers Vox.
I have a compressor and spray gun so can just do it myself but have a lot going on at the moment and don't have time, that's why I thought about just getting the wing already in the colour I want and replacing it.
Might do your idea and replace both sides and get the front painted at the same time so it's all got a new paint job.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Lucky you! I bought a DeVilbiss JGA gun years ago for celli before water based and HVLP came out. I could never get a decent paint finish because I didn't have the clean room or spray booth with heating. V.W colors now are metallic/pearlescent and I wouldn't have the painting skills re-learning on one job to get it right first time. I guess your 'black' isn't a solid color.

The wing rot sits there at the top of each wing and down the back side, trapped by the water absorbing gray foam they stick in there. I've posted about it and neither of my new wings have foam in now. I got the painter to paint the insides with anti stone chip paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts