Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

well after this horrendous rain we have been having in the uk , I decided to check my eos for leaks. Well unfortunately when I checked the rear foot wells the one behind the drivers side is absolutely soaking , could anyone give suggest a possible cause of this as I’ve checked all the drain holes at front windscreen and rear and they are all draining water at the drives and passengers wheel arches ?

I will post some pictures or a video showing the extent of water , when it stops raining

thanks in advance for your help

Mike

· Registered
8,834 Posts
The rear windows may reach the top, but there's no tension between the top of the glass and seal due to a failing window regulator wire (loss of tension)? Water pours over the roof and into any gap between the top of the glass and the seal. Test each window glass, raise them all then go around putting the flat of your hand on the glass to try pushing it down. If the glass moves, the regulator is bad. You should also check the front and rear windows make contact with the vertical seal between them and the gap is correct. You can put a little Krytox on the seal, operate the windows and make sure there's contact. Another possibility is water gets into the door gap behind the door seal and tracks down inside or across the door seal welling up on the inside at the bottom of the door? There are more possibilities, try searching here.

If your drains are actually draining water out, then you have gaps in the sunroof seals. The drains are last resort when the sunroof doesn't seal. EOS drains are like buckets you put under a hole in a roof. It's the hole that needs fixing, not more buckets! After doing hosepipe tests, you can simulate U.K bad weather by taking your car through an Asda (lowest price wash) car wash.

Buy a car cover and wait for dry weather to do hosepipe tests.

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uodate

Thanks for advice Voxmagna. Well I put a hose on the left windscreen drain and water poured out the wheel well, but the drivers one only trickled. I therefore put the hose on the drivers side and really flushed the drain out with water and then the water poured Out the wheel well. I’m hoping this was what was causing the leak as think it was blocked . Now just drying out the carpets which is taking ages .

· Registered
8,834 Posts
It takes time and patience to solve EOS leak problems. Water shouldn't get into the drains anyway, unless the sunroof seals are leaking. Look at the 'A' pillar hose connectors but I thought you posted the water leaks were into the rear? When I said hosepipe testing, I mean't getting someone outside with the hose jet whilst you sat on the back seat. Close the doors and windows, get inside and have somebody else dump a bucket full of water in the center of the roof. If the sunroof seals are leaking badly your drains won't work and you'll discover drains are no good for heavy rain.

The best investment for an EOS after OBD diagnostics and an emergency half top cover is a domestic dehumidifier about 250 watts from Currys or elsewhere. If you keep getting condensation on the inside of window glasses and sunroof, you haven't removed all the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts