Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Volkswagen Eos has sprung a leak in a very awkward spot. I would like to try and take care of this myself, but am very intimidated by the location of the leak and my lack of experience working with VWs. The car started showing a "Check fluids" light but the water levels were fine and the temp was still good. When I got home I heard a small hissing noise, there was a small pen sized hole shooting water.
I have included photos of the location, hose and joint were I believe the leak is originating from.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
At least you didn't need electronic diagnostics to find it!

Good photos, but hard to see what the part is. For what it is worth, most jobs on VW's require surrounding parts to be disconnected or removed to get access. Sods Law it is generally hard to get parts that need attention!

For example, to replace washer pumps you need the whole front plastics off the car, and for the EGR valve an engine hoist to lift the motor off the subframe! No space at all to get around and the rear is the worst. Hose off the leaking coolant because it is very corrosive!

If you need to know in advance how much labor is required, ask the dealer for an estimate. Your parts price is probably only a small part of the overall bill. If you need to get the car a few miles somewhere, you will probably get away with removing and running without the pressure cap - unless you are baking in glorious hot weather and sunshine. Just watch the temperature gauge and go easy on the gas pedal.

You don't say which EOS so that's not very helpful. O.k. I see it's the TSI. My TDi is a lot different to the gas engines.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts