Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Everyone. My Dad has decided to sell his beloved 2013 EOS Komfort. Do you all have any advice on best ways to determine a fair price and sell it? 109k miles, beautifully maintained, manual, black. One owner, one VW shop. Edmunds shows its value as ~$12,8k. I appreciate your expertise and thoughts. I live out of state but will be in the Chicago area as needed. Thanks! Carol

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've seen similar cars selling for between $12,500 and about $27,000. The latter being on Carvana sites which tend to be pretty high. I don't know anything about Carvana, but the may offer some limited warranties with what they sell. You can look at other used car sites to get a good feel. It would be a plus if you have a clean Carfax (buy one if you don't) that shows one owner, no accidents, and systematic maintenance over the years according to VW's recommended service intervals. There may be some big $$$ items that should have been done.

I've bought and sold used cars on eBay and Craig's list. I believe the key to selling is to be as descriptive as possible with plenty of pictures, including those that show defects. I tend to prefer Craig's list over eBay. But then most of the cars I have sold were less than $1,000.

A better approach might be to try to sell direct to a car dealer. They are looking for used cars to sell since there can be a pretty good profit in it. Come up with a reasonable asking price and then go to (or call) your local VW dealers and see what they might offer. Even if you do not make as much as you might by selling it privately, you should have a clean and hassle free transaction.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen similar cars selling for between $12,500 and about $27,000. The latter being on Carvana sites which tend to be pretty high. I don't know anything about Carvana, but the may offer some limited warranties with what they sell. You can look at other used car sites to get a good feel. It would be a plus if you have a clean Carfax (buy one if you don't) that shows one owner, no accidents, and systematic maintenance over the years according to VW's recommended service intervals. There may be some big $$$ items that should have been done.

I've bought and sold used cars on eBay and Craig's list. I believe the key to selling is to be as descriptive as possible with plenty of pictures, including those that show defects. I tend to prefer Craig's list over eBay. But then most of the cars I have sold were less than $1,000.

A better approach might be to try to sell direct to a car dealer. They are looking for used cars to sell since there can be a pretty good profit in it. Come up with a reasonable asking price and then go to (or call) your local VW dealers and see what they might offer. Even if you do not make as much as you might by selling it privately, you should have a clean and hassle free transaction.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Thank you, Doregan. This is very helpful. I will buy the Carfax and see what is up. My condolences to you on your Ghia and Beetle--two of my favorite cars that I've never had the privilege to own. Really appreciate your thoughtful advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts