Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, just joined the group.

Got myself a 2008 TSI as a bit of a run around and I’m looking for some lowering springs. About 40mm

thanks

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
258 Posts
Due to the cost of installation, I would suggest coilovers. You have more flexibility on the amount of drop then just a set of springs. Also, if your running the OE shocks/struts and the OE shock/strut mounts, it would be best to replace these as they are probably close to end of life.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due to the cost of installation, I would suggest coilovers. You have more flexibility on the amount of drop then just a set of springs. Also, if your running the OE shocks/struts and the OE shock/strut mounts, it would be best to replace these as they are probably close to end of life.
Any in particular you suggest?

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
258 Posts
Any in particular you suggest?
I did quite a bit of research, had to explore outside the realm of EOS. Many coilover systems are built for track use, so daily driving suffers. I found that Vogtland was reassembly priced and offered a ride quality similar to the stock Sport suspension. I elected to purchase my set from the UK, even with shipping, it was $300 less than what I could find them for in the US, cutting out several middlemen probably. So about $570 plus $100 for shipping. I also replaced both the front/rear mounts as well with OE components. There are performance ones available but chances are the ride quality would suffer.

I opted for a level drop, that is, no rake, so the front/rear are level. I prefer this look over the raked look. If you have rear passengers often, then the rake would keep your car from sagging when its loaded up with four people. Ended up with about a 2" drop in the front and about 2.5" in the rear, the negative camber in the front was manageable but the rear is a bit more than I would like, but would have to raise the rear about 1" to dial it out.

Very happy with the ride quality of the Vogtland.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did quite a bit of research, had to explore outside the realm of EOS. Many coilover systems are built for track use, so daily driving suffers. I found that Vogtland was reassembly priced and offered a ride quality similar to the stock Sport suspension. I elected to purchase my set from the UK, even with shipping, it was $300 less than what I could find them for in the US, cutting out several middlemen probably. So about $570 plus $100 for shipping. I also replaced both the front/rear mounts as well with OE components. There are performance ones available but chances are the ride quality would suffer.

I opted for a level drop, that is, no rake, so the front/rear are level. I prefer this look over the raked look. If you have rear passengers often, then the rake would keep your car from sagging when its loaded up with four people. Ended up with about a 2" drop in the front and about 2.5" in the rear, the negative camber in the front was manageable but the rear is a bit more than I would like, but would have to raise the rear about 1" to dial it out.

That looks absolutely brilliant tbf mate nice work. The last time I lowered a car I literally swapped out the springs from the stock system and it worked fine, it only cost about £100 and did the trick without messing up the ride. Essentially it’s our second car, we have a new Mini Cooper so want to do some simple mods like upgrade to touchscreen, lower, alloys and badges etc. Nothing extreme

·
Registered
435 Posts
That looks absolutely brilliant tbf mate nice work. The last time I lowered a car I literally swapped out the springs from the stock system and it worked fine, it only cost about £100 and did the trick without messing up the ride. Essentially it’s our second car, we have a new Mini Cooper so want to do some simple mods like upgrade to touchscreen, lower, alloys and badges etc. Nothing extreme
I had a couple of broken springs on my 2007 V6, it was already lowered 30mm from factory with the sports suspension set up so I used these 30mm lowering springs to keep it the same drop.

I fitted these late 2018 and even though they were relatively inexpensive they are still going great with no problems to the ride quality etc.

DIRENZA SUSPENSION LOWERING SPRINGS 30mm VW EOS 3.2 V6 1F 2006 to 05/2013 | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a couple of broken springs on my 2007 V6, it was already lowered 30mm from factory with the sports suspension set up so I used these 30mm lowering springs to keep it the same drop.

I fitted these late 2018 and even though they were relatively inexpensive they are still going great with no problems to the ride quality etc.

DIRENZA SUSPENSION LOWERING SPRINGS 30mm VW EOS 3.2 V6 1F 2006 to 05/2013 | eBay
You think these will fit on a 2008 TSI mate? It’s only a 1.4 I think

·
Registered
435 Posts
You think these will fit on a 2008 TSI mate? It’s only a 1.4 I think
Not sure mate to be honest, the listing was for the V6 so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. The seller might have ones available specific for your engine size, drop them a message on eBay to confirm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure mate to be honest, the listing was for the V6 so I'm not sure if that makes a difference. The seller might have ones available specific for your engine size, drop them a message on eBay to confirm.
Cheers mate will do

·
Registered
EOS 2008
2 Posts

Looks exactly like mine. Iceland Grey, yes?

·
Registered
EOS 2008
2 Posts
Ah thanks. Yeah I want to give mine a complete respray but the paint code shows Pearl white.
Go figure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts