Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! i have a 2007 Volkswagen Eos and i am looking for a markless grill I live in the U.S. does anyone know where I can get one. I checked ebay, offer up, facebook marketplace, some past websites all have them out of stock etc

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hello! i have a 2007 Volkswagen Eos and i am looking for a markless grill I live in the U.S. does anyone know where I can get one. I checked ebay, offer up, facebook marketplace, some past websites all have them out of stock etc
Mark111 Has one on his car, but they are so rare to find these days.
Second hand or making your own could be the only choice.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
610 Posts
These have been NLA for a long time. Last time I saw one for sale, it sold for $800. Also, they have a integrated euro license plate holder, US plates look kind of goofy mounted to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
These have been NLA for a long time. Last time I saw one for sale, it sold for $800. Also, they have a integrated euro license plate holder, US plates look kind of goofy mounted to it.
The plate isn’t what I’m worried about I can attach the plate to another area or keep it on the dash I’ve been looking for a second hand one for so long

·
Registered
103 Posts
Buy a second-hand grill on eBay,
and a tub or two of these -
Silverhook BIG31 Big Boy Plastic Flexi Filler 250ml
(Plus the paint of your choice).
Best bumper filler I have ever used, as it's slightly flexible and won't drop out/crack, dries in 3-4 minutes, is easy to sand, and doesn't clog your sanding block.
Oh and some stainless steel woven wire mesh.

Made one for a friend a few years ago, and will have to make another and take photos to put on here for others to see.

The basics are -
Cut out what you don't want, cut with scissors and attach wire in the shape you need with a glue gun, apply filler where you need it, sand (wet and dry paper) and paint.
(It's a lot harder than it sounds, and no you won't be finished in a day!)

Before you do the topcoat try it on for size.
Does it look right?
Should I add a bit there, or sand a bit here?

It's not a race, so take your time.

Keep your old grill, and if in time you're happy with your efforts, sell it and get the money back you paid for the first one!

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
610 Posts
The plate isn’t what I’m worried about I can attach the plate to another area or keep it on the dash I’ve been looking for a second hand one for so long
Even with no plate, it does not look good. If I had one, I would sand down/fill the plate area

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Buy a second-hand grill on eBay,
and a tub or two of these -
Silverhook BIG31 Big Boy Plastic Flexi Filler 250ml
(Plus the paint of your choice).
Best bumper filler I have ever used, as it's slightly flexible and won't drop out/crack, dries in 3-4 minutes, is easy to sand, and doesn't clog your sanding block.
Oh and some stainless steel woven wire mesh.

Made one for a friend a few years ago, and will have to make another and take photos to put on here for others to see.

The basics are -
Cut out what you don't want, cut with scissors and attach wire in the shape you need with a glue gun, apply filler where you need it, sand (wet and dry paper) and paint.
(It's a lot harder than it sounds, and no you won't be finished in a day!)

Before you do the topcoat try it on for size.
Does it look right?
Should I add a bit there, or sand a bit here?

It's not a race, so take your time.

Keep your old grill, and if in time you're happy with your efforts, sell it and get the money back you paid for the first one!
Thank you! I will definitely try this :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was lucky, able to buy one that had been painted but never fitted before he sold his car. I think I paid about $95. I think they are made in German
Wheel Tire Car Bicycle Vehicle

1 - 18 of 18 Posts