1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2008 2.0 TFSI Sport, Black, Black Leather, Dynaudio
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was perusing through Auto Trader and this popped up

3.6 v6

I always assumed that they stopped selling the V6's in the UK from 2009 as you only see MY06 and 07's with that engine option and the 3.6's were only available overseas.

Obviously I'm wrong.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
According to Parkers it was available new in UK from May 2009 to May 2010. Used price ranging from £2-3.5k with a UK road tax of £360 p.a. If it missed the May registration, it could be 2010 with a 2011 registration? 30 MPG and a 363 mile range, Deep pockets at the moment for a full tank of gas.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
I was perusing through Auto Trader and this popped up

3.6 v6

I always assumed that they stopped selling the V6's in the UK from 2009 as you only see MY06 and 07's with that engine option and the 3.6's were only available overseas.

Obviously I'm wrong.
This is only the second 3.6 I have seen for sale. Both in the UK.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Do owners like them so much thay are hanging on to them, not many were sold or those in the London area were sold off for scrappage? They won't qualify as London ULEZ.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Do owners like them so much thay are hanging on to them, not many were sold or those in the London area were sold off for scrappage? They won't qualify as London ULEZ.
If I remember correctly, someone posted on Facebook that there were maybe 12 or so of these registered in the UK. So these are extremely rare. VW has released EOS production figures but they don't provide a breakdown of colors, models or engine types. Aside from that 12 figure, there is data floating around that less than 800 VR6 EOS's were sold in North America for model years 2007/2008, of course no way to verify that information that I know of.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm, is it just me or is it odd that there are NO photos of the engine bay?? I mean, it's a VR6, rare as rocking horse doo doo, and a special thing indeed but no photos??

My favourite VR6 EOS is in this video...500hp / 600lb-ft torque / AWD, and really really driveable:

Oz

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
682 Posts
Hmmm, is it just me or is it odd that there are NO photos of the engine bay?? I mean, it's a VR6, rare as rocking horse doo doo, and a special thing indeed but no photos??

My favourite VR6 EOS is in this video...500hp / 600lb-ft torque / AWD, and really really driveable:

Oz

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts