Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have my eye on 2 Eos's, a 1.6 with 68,000 kms, and a 2 litre with 45,000 kms, both are petrol engined July 07 models with 6 speed manual gearboxes. They both have full VW histories so would hope that any major defects have been rectified, but we would appreciate any views on the 2 models, and any specific things to look out for when I inspect/ test them.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hi all,

I have my eye on 2 Eos's, a 1.6 with 68,000 kms, and a 2 litre with 45,000 kms, both are petrol engined July 07 models with 6 speed manual gearboxes. They both have full VW histories so would hope that any major defects have been rectified, but we would appreciate any views on the 2 models, and any specific things to look out for when I inspect/ test them.

Many thanks in advance.
It's all about horses for courses, both engines are good (but can suffer with high oil consumption.) The 2.0Ltr has bags of power but is juicier than the 1.6. Don't forget to check them both for water ingress as they might still have the early roof seals. Good luck with whatever choice you make and look forward to seeing you here again. Mick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's all about horses for courses, both engines are good (but can suffer with high oil consumption.) The 2.0Ltr has bags of power but is juicier than the 1.6. Don't forget to check them both for water ingress as they might still have the early roof seals. Good luck with whatever choice you make and look forward to seeing you here again. Mick
Thanks for the tips and welcome Mick. I'll have a good ferret around in the foot wells and boot area for any signs of moisture. Is there any way to tell if it's got the iffy roof seals? The car will spend most of its road time on the autobahn around Zurich... Think M25 on a bad day, so was leaning towards the smaller engine. I didn't manage to get the test drives today though which was a bummer so will go back midweek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts