Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if the EOS ever came with memory seats. It's a mod I have been toying with for some time I have seat loom and switch now just need module but haven't found one yet.

Mick

·
Registered
144 Posts
I thought that the face-lifted Executive models had them, but the archived order sheets don’t mention them. Granted those aren’t always 100% accurate, but unless someone with an Exec model can say otherwise, I’m thinking not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
No memory seats in my 2012 Executive. There is a switch on the top of the seat to electronically slide the seat forward and back for the back seat passenger. When ready to slide the seat back to it's original position, hold the top button down again and the seat will stop when it reaches the original position. I guess you could consider that feature kind of a memory function.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I think what Rampo said is discussed here: 'Memory' for V.W seems to have different interpretation to what most would expect in a seat. :confused: What I've seen on other (Japanese fully featured) cars is a complete personality setup for the (driver) seat - position, rake, height and lumbar support. That would need a lot of hardware and wires. On one brand, custom seat settings can be linked to the key (or keyless activator). Hell, you could take that further and have the radio or music system settings personalized as the car unlocks? She drives with classical, you drive with rock music! Perhaps it's best to keep the EOS personal to one driver, have one key and solve all the problems. :)

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5768623-Eos-Seat-Memory

·
Registered
144 Posts
Our 2012 SEL Tiguan had what Vox describes - i.e. full memory of all seat settings and exterior mirrors for two drivers that could be matched to two specific key fobs. So it is a VW feature with some models. It was nice, but since my wife drove the Tig 99% of the time we never used that feature much. The US Komfort has the same memory “lite” feature described by Rampo, but I’d never refer to that as a memory seats.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
There are many vehicles in the VAG group that have memory seats where you press a button and the seat goes to the set position you programmed in. These require memory motors, wiring, module and switch. My 2018 Tiguan does it with extras like mirror and radio all off the key. All I want to do is press a button and the seat adjusts back to how and where I want it, I’m six foot one and my wife is five foot three. So my drivers seat is altered every time either one of us is driving and with a twelve point electric seat it does take time to get comfortable again.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
I can understand why you want the adjustable seats now. Over the years in newer cars I've noticed the height above my head to the roof getting less and I'm about average 5'10". When I lower the seat even for me, I'm moving towards sitting more horizontal. Wifey drives a 4x4 and I really appreciate the more upright seat with higher roof for long journeys. She now complains the EOS is uncomfortable for her, so no more conflicts about EOS seating. :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
My 2013 highline ("exec" south of the border) doesn't have them but my 2015 Tig R-Line does.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Not VW related I know but it’s nice to have memory seats and my MG ZTT didn’t have heated or memory so I retrofitted a set, there were no looms in the car for them from build so I had to make my own up...maybe it’s possible for you to do the same with some front seats from another model, you might have to modify the runners to suit or do some fabrication but it’s doable if you’re able mate...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Not VW related I know but it’s nice to have memory seats and my MG ZTT didn’t have heated or memory so I retrofitted a set, there were no looms in the car for them from build so I had to make my own up...maybe it’s possible for you to do the same with some front seats from another model, you might have to modify the runners to suit or do some fabrication but it’s doable if you’re able mate...

I was looking at replacing the existing seat motors from maybe a Passat with the memory function. I already have an OEM memory seat loom and switch, just need to source a donor seat and appropriate module.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Can anyone confirm if the EOS ever came with memory seats. It's a mod I have been toying with for some time I have seat loom and switch now just need module but haven't found one yet.

Mick

My old '07 EOS has this built-in; the 2 key fobs activate the seat lumbar and wing mirrors to different positions. Not as flash as my Ford Fairlane I had in Aussie, no forward or backward movement of the seats but it works well for the wife and I.
Tony.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts