Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alo
I´m Portuguese, so excuse if my Inglish is not good .
The problem : When I open the roof I have the follwoing message on the screen : Trunk Lid Swinging Out

This is an error , a problem or just an information ?
Should I go to the mecanic ?

Thanks
Arnaldo

·
Registered
138 Posts
This is just information. It is to let you know that the trunk will extend past the rear bumper when it swings out. If you have rear parking sensors, the trunk should not swing out if there is something it will hit.

No need to go to a mechanic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alo Scubatdi

I hope your "Celeste" is working fine . To "Sophie" and "Simone" also my regards BUT an EOS is an EOS , sorry for the others ladies !!

Thank you very much or your information .
So you think that the message "Trunk Lid Swinging Out" is only information and not a report of an error/problem ? The official representative of VW EOS in Portugal does not know what is this message , and in the technical manual there are no reference to this message .
By the way you have same find of information about ALL possible messages that can appear on the display and the meaning of it ?

Thank you very much
Arnaldo

·
Registered
138 Posts
Perhaps the manual will have a summary of all error messages. I haven't checked. But I'm certain that this is just an information message.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perhaps the manual will have a summary of all error messages. I haven't checked. But I'm certain that this is just an information message.
The EOS car manual that I have does not mentioned this message . If you have same time please check your manual and if you have a description for this massage please send it to me .
Thanks
Arnaldo

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
As SCUBATDI says, this is a normal message that comes up every time you open or close the roof. If you don't have the parking sensors, it is there to remind you to check there is enough space behind the car.

You will find a full list of messages connected to roof operation starting at page 19 on this link: http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com/Docs/SSP/VWUSA.COM_SSP_379_EOS_Convertible_2007.pdf

Some of the messages are not 100% accurate (for example, it says "Rear lid pivots out" instead of "Trunk lid swings out"), but hopefully that will give you an indication.

There's another one that is not mentioned there: if you try to operate the roof while a door is open, you will get a scary message "Convertible roof inoperative! Consult owner's manual." There is nothing wrong with the roof, the message should just say "Shut the door!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As SCUBATDI says, this is a normal message that comes up every time you open or close the roof. If you don't have the parking sensors, it is there to remind you to check there is enough space behind the car.

You will find a full list of messages connected to roof operation starting at page 19 on this link: http://www.vaglinks.com/vaglinks_com/Docs/SSP/VWUSA.COM_SSP_379_EOS_Convertible_2007.pdf

Some of the messages are not 100% accurate (for example, it says "Rear lid pivots out" instead of "Trunk lid swings out"), but hopefully that will give you an indication.

There's another one that is not mentioned there: if you try to operate the roof while a door is open, you will get a scary message "Convertible roof inoperative! Consult owner's manual." There is nothing wrong with the roof, the message should just say "Shut the door!"

Alo
Very interesting document !
Thank you very much .
Arnaldo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts