Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled 7 codes from 2008 Eos. Seeing if anyone might have ideas about whether this combination of codes may point to something specific or if multiple problems may be coexisting. TIA.
The list:

Jim

·
Life is good... so far
1,070 Posts
You can google the numbers (preceded by the letter P). Where did you get those codes. Some affect the turbo, some the EVAP system. You have a few issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can google the numbers (preceded by the letter P). Where did you get those codes. Some affect the turbo, some the EVAP system. You have a few issues.
I’ve already looked them all up. I was curious as to whether one problem could be causing this particular set of codes or if it were more likely seperate issues. Thanks

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Multiple fault codes on their own don't always help and may confuse. You have to learn how to use V.W diagnostics in measuring block mode to see (and understand) what components in the engine system are actually doing.

My washer stops and the panel display says 'control fault'. The engineer (who's trained to know a thing or two) arrives and then checks the pump works, the heaters are o.k, the drain isn't blocked and the water valve is turning on. After restarting the wash program he investigates what should be happening when it stops and faults, then finds the pump hasn't removed any water but panel diagnostics just flagged 'control fault'. After looking at the pump, he finds it's jammed with coins that dropped out of trousers. Logical fault finding on modern Efi cars is just like repairing washing machines!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
A sneaky tip for you: search for "ross-tech" followed by the code, making sure you put the P in front if it's a generic OBD code and not a VAG 5-digit code. Search for "ross-tech P0441" and the first result will be their page about that fault code with possible causes and solutions.

Since you're reporting generic OBD codes, you should invest in a decent VAG diagnostic tool. See the link in my signature for a guide on how to choose what to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts