Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's My '07 Island Grey 2.0T (DSG, Luxury Package, Parking Sensors, 19" Helios Wheels)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Love the plates! Wish we could get them like that in the uk too! mine is personalised but doesn't have whole name on it! :(

·
Registered
113 Posts
PS nice scenery.....where's photo from?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I removed the badges, I try to do that to all my cars.
It's really easy since they use doublesided tape. Just get them warm, and peel them off carefully.

I think it makes the car look so much cleaner.

did you remove the badges off the rear?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, the photo was taken down the street from my house. It's located in Bremerton, Washington State.

PS nice scenery.....where's photo from?!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love it!

Hey there,
I'm in the US so when I say 2.0T (I mean the gas engine, non TDI)
I wish we had the 2.0TDI here in the states.

But aside from that I LOVE my car, It surprises me how many times i've had people pull over, or follow me to ask me what kind of car it is (since I removed the badges).

I'm sure you'll love yours.

Cheers!
Cody

I,ve ordered the 2.0 TDi with dsg what do you think of it so far ? :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey codyallyn:

i also ended up with the gasoline motor as VW decided not to bring the TDI motor into the states and Canada. I am in Vancouver B.C. and i negotiated with VW to go over to europe and pick up a TDI at the plant. but no such luck.

maybe if enough of us north americans bitch about the situation our 2nd generation EOS may be diesel!!

duck

·
Registered
231 Posts
hey codyallyn:

i also ended up with the gasoline motor as VW decided not to bring the TDI motor into the states and Canada. I am in Vancouver B.C. and i negotiated with VW to go over to europe and pick up a TDI at the plant. but no such luck.

maybe if enough of us north americans bitch about the situation our 2nd generation EOS may be diesel!!

duck

I'm actually suprised that they aren't planning on bringing in the TDI over here in NA especially since the Jetta and Golf TDI are doing so well. If we didn't have any TDI models here maybe I'd understand more, but this doesn't make sense. Maybe they want to test the popularity first, then decide?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sweet, it's a good engine, If they offered the TDI in the states, I would have bought one of those.. My other car is a 2006 Jetta TDI. I think the reason there are less TDI's here is due to the emissions. Hopefully with the new TDI engine they are releasing for the US in 2008 jetta's (blue)something.
Hopefully they will offer it in other models.

I'm looking at trading in the Jetta TDI for the Tiguan TDI 2.0 when it's avail.

I think i'm addicted to VW's

I wonder if there's a 12 step program.

hey codyallyn:

duck

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think it has to do w/ Emissions and the US being more strict. I can't speak for Canadian Markets tho.

hey codyallyn:

duck
I'm actually suprised that they aren't planning on bringing in the TDI over here in NA especially since the Jetta and Golf TDI are doing so well. If we didn't have any TDI models here maybe I'd understand more, but this doesn't make sense. Maybe they want to test the popularity first, then decide?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I just got my H&R sports springs for it, so it will be lowered soon, also ordered nav, and the Parrot harness to enable the steering wheel phone button for lbue tooth.

Cheers/ Cody

·
Registered
21 Posts
TDI in US

I think it has to do w/ Emissions and the US being more strict. I can't speak for Canadian Markets tho.
Yes/no, it has to do with the LOW quality of diesel that the US produces/offers.

"VW can't offer any of the new diesel engines that meet EC4 emission specs in the USA because the diesel fuel sold in the USA doesn't meet the quality standards that these engines require. Diesel fuel sold in the EC has met the required standard since 1999, in Canada, since 2002."

So TDI should be available in Canada but Canada is apparently getting very few EOSs.... (so I've heard).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Nice Colour!

Nice car mate! Good taste that colour, and so far quite rare!! [So goodf I ordered the same colour!]

Paul:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
1,129 Posts
Cody, Love the pics, but are there two cars or just one, on some pics one looks island grey the other shadow blue?

Perhaps its just the camera?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts