Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2010 EOS Highline 2.0T
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My obsession started last fall 2009 while waiting for my 2000 Jetta TDI to be serviced. I wandered into the showroom to browse. I had never heard of or seen the EOS. The top was down and it was a sunny day with the sun streaming in the dealership windows. The salesman was friendly and with a sly smile he put the top up and back down. That was the moment.

I started looking at videos on Youtube. The last few months it has been getting worse. Looking at pictures on google, reading forums. The last few weeks I have been online every day.

I'm planning to purchase in the next two weeks. I got my Automobile Protection Agency membership ($68). Requested my price quote and got it back the next day. I was very pleased with the dealer invoice prices and suggested $1,200 markup. I opted not to go to the APA VW dealer contact but instead give the business to my local dealership where I service my Jetta. The sales person is willing to honor the APA quote and it resulted in a $3,719 discount no haggling.

Will have a bit of negotiation on the 2000 Jetta trade in. Dealer is offering $1,500 to $2,000. I know they sell for $4,000 retail so I am trying for $3,000 trade in. Fingers crossed - will talk to the dealer this week.

Eddie

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome to the 'Obsessives Club' (the official name for this forum!). It's the best car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know how you feel

I am patiently (impatiently) waiting for my Eos to come in, sometime Mid June. My wait is so long in order to get the colour I want.

Falling for the Eos is easy! Just enjoy once you get behind the wheel.:p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome!

we are all a little obsessed on this board!

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,255 Posts
My wife just fed into my obsession...for my birthday she got the plumber to come out and hook up the water heater so that I can have hot water outside near the driveway. Car washing in the winter with 108-120 degree water :)

·
2010 EOS Highline 2.0T
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Obsession Update

I ordered the car today but I have to wait until June before one is available.

My favorate video is this guy in Europe that fitted his EOS with LED running lights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o0MhNGk68k

The other videos that I watch are the EOS reviews on youtube.

·
Patiently Waiting
3 Posts
Okay, good...I'm not the only one feeling a little bit, no wait A LOT obsessed with an EOS ordered mine late April, hopefully will be behind the wheel June 7thish. Just in time for my Birthday! = ) Time is ticking so slowly, I can't stand it.

Jennifer

·
Registered
32 Posts
Okay, good...I'm not the only one feeling a little bit, no wait A LOT obsessed with an EOS ordered mine late April, hopefully will be behind the wheel June 7thish. Just in time for my Birthday! = ) Time is ticking so slowly, I can't stand it.

Jennifer
If mine is anything to go by, it is well worth the wait:) though the 2 month wait (reduced from 3) really dragged. at least summer seems to be on the way for the weekend here in South Wales:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts