Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

Need to identify drivers side A/C motor

936 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  voxmagna 
#1 ·
hello first post here , just bought a used 2008 eos from a super shady dealership in orlando called AAA LC , claimed to be perfect took it home and after a mechanics inspection needs many things. one of these things that I cant identify the specific part number is the motor that controls the vents on the drivers side. whenever I turn up my heat the vent door motor starts making a woodpecker noise. I took off the bottom plastic cover underneath the steering wheel and could physically see and feel the motor clacking away. looks very difficult to get to with a metal bar slightly in the way. can anyone help me find the specific part number so i can hunt down replacements ? im told the drivers side and passenger side are different parts and not interchangeable

#2 ·
First, try to reset the flaps. This might fix your problem.

In case the motor really does have issues, here are some parts diagrams. There are two air conditioning systems (Valeo and Denso) which use different parts - when you have eyes on the system and can see part numbers you'll be able to figure out what you need.

#3 ·
unfortunately I did this and it was not enough to correct the error. whenever I turn on my defrost i still get a jammed sound out of the left drivers side motor and the defrost power is severely dropped and barely working. I finally got around to getting the replacement motor but would anyone have any instructions on how to replace the left drivers side motor? all I can find is info on the passenger side near the glove box.

#4 ·
You'll need to get hold of a service manual. There are several motors in that area; you have eyes on the problem so will be able to determine which motor is at fault. You can get manuals from Bentley Publishers; online access from erwin.vw.com; or try to find a less reputable source.

You should also invest in a VAG diagnostic tool that will allow you to check exactly which motor has the issue. There are at least two different kinds of motor attached to the air conditioning system, so I hope you have the right one!

#5 ·
Bentley Publishers;
Unfortunately, they haven't moved on with the times. I think they had exclusive licensing rights to assemble and sell an electronic manual, which I'm sure was based on V.W ELSAWIN? It only covers years 2007 to 2009 pre-facelift. The bad news is ELSAWIN and the Bentley DVD from which I think it's derived, is Windows XP 32 bit. Both can be run on later Windoze in Virtual PC mode, but it's a pain, the screen graphics are clunky and very slow.

That left a gap and demand for a manual that was easily usable without an installation. There are now online pay for 'sources' that can assemble the service manual to a vehicle specific VIN and you should find all your build options listed. The good news is these manuals are a BIG single Adobe pdf file of about 600 pages compatible with most PC's and probably Apple? Even better, the print options are hi res., really work and you can custom bookmark pages you work on to find them again easily. The BIG file means sellers need to host them on good fast servers and I don't begrudge them a few beans to offer a fast reliable download.

The only downside comes when you want to do mods and need diagrams and layouts for later EOS or other V.W vehicles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.