Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im picking up my 2009 eos komfort Friday!! Its my first car and im so excited. I had a question about the ipod dock it has the old apple 30 pin adapter but I was wondering could I get a cord that converts the old apple charger into the new one and play music off my newer iphone?? I am hoping so because that seems like the only way to play music currently without getting an aftermarket radio which I do not want to do. Thank You in advance
ALSO ANY TIPS FOR A NEW EOS OWNER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :D

·
Super Moderator
2,365 Posts

Welcome to the Forum and there is a "treasure trove" of information contributed by our members over the years.

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the Forum's Search facility to be able to use it and obtain the relevant information regarding your enquiry.

The first search I would suggest is to use "Krytox" for your first search as roof seal lubrication is an essential owner maintenance procedure as will become evident when you discover the problems that can arise from neglected roof, boot/trunk and door seals.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Matthew. Yes you can get a 30 pin to lighting connector to listen to your music. Apple has them, but they are expensive. This is what I use in 2009 Eos Lux. Enjoy, Alan

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Im picking up my 2009 eos komfort Friday!! Its my first car and im so excited. I had a question about the ipod dock it has the old apple 30 pin adapter but I was wondering could I get a cord that converts the old apple charger into the new one and play music off my newer iphone?? I am hoping so because that seems like the only way to play music currently without getting an aftermarket radio which I do not want to do. Thank You in advance

Welcome to the forum mathewcbonds, I went to the Apple store and asked about the adapter and was pleasantly surprised that the adapter wasn’t as expensive as I had been told, it was some time ago so I can’t remember how much. I have heard that the Chinese adapters don’t work like the Apple ones do.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Oz_pete
7 Posts
Yes - instead of the suggested Apple one. Go to https://www.wish.com/product/56aacf8abc88a50ce826d445
for a straight socket $3AUD or https://www.wish.com/product/568ec6bf85ea604650814300 with a cord $8AUD. Have a look around wish.com type in VW or EOS into the search box there are HEAPS of things to pimp up your EOS. I have bought alot from them and its good quality and a FRACTION of the price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts