Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New to the forum, seems like a very friendly place indeed after doing a fair bit of reading before getting mine, a 2010 SE TDI. Its in exceptional condition, very happy with her.

Few questions if i may?

On the radio, for some reason my BT media (songs) wont play anymore? It worked fine for the first few days, now it will connect fine, for calls no problem, but i cant stream music. When i go into the BT settings of my S8, i cant seem to select the media option. When i slide it on it hesitates then rejects, defaulting back to off. Any ideas?

Second question was in terms of ride height, i have a nice set of 18 inch prodrives already that im going to put on there. I just wanted to bring the arches down enough to nicely follow the wheel curve, by no means 'slam' it (or whatever the kids say) just enough to look nice and more akin to say, a sports audi or bmw, if i could reference for a visual aid. To me this seems about 20mm lower-ish? Thing is all i can see is 30 and 40mm springs which seem pretty OTT for my taste. Any suggestions? Or am i wrong and in fact the 30mm is exactly what to go for to get this look? Also any preference in make?

Thank you all in advance for your time!
NJ

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hi All,
New to the forum, seems like a very friendly place indeed after doing a fair bit of reading before getting mine, a 2010 SE TDI. Its in exceptional condition, very happy with her.

Few questions if i may?

On the radio, for some reason my BT media (songs) wont play anymore? It worked fine for the first few days, now it will connect fine, for calls no problem, but i cant stream music. When i go into the BT settings of my S8, i cant seem to select the media option. When i slide it on it hesitates then rejects, defaulting back to off. Any ideas?

Second question was in terms of ride height, i have a nice set of 18 inch prodrives already that im going to put on there. I just wanted to bring the arches down enough to nicely follow the wheel curve, by no means 'slam' it (or whatever the kids say) just enough to look nice and more akin to say, a sports audi or bmw, if i could reference for a visual aid. To me this seems about 20mm lower-ish? Thing is all i can see is 30 and 40mm springs which seem pretty OTT for my taste. Any suggestions? Or am i wrong and in fact the 30mm is exactly what to go for to get this look? Also any preference in make?

Thank you all in advance for your time!
NJ

Welcome and congratulations on your purchase! I'm a forum newbie as well. I can't shed any light on the second item but for the first item I can tell you that once in a while, my BT seems to kick off on my stereo. I go into my Bluetooth settings, disconnect myself and then reconnect myself and then it's fine again. Hasn't happened often but in my case this did the trick. Not sure what else to suggest. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and congratulations on your purchase! I'm a forum newbie as well. I can't shed any light on the second item but for the first item I can tell you that once in a while, my BT seems to kick off on my stereo. I go into my Bluetooth settings, disconnect myself and then reconnect myself and then it's fine again. Hasn't happened often but in my case this did the trick. Not sure what else to suggest. Hope that helps.
Thanks! Ill give that a shot see if it works :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Don't forget, that your current springs have potentially sagged up to 20mm too...
The 30-50mm drop is based on new stock ride height.

Personally, I'm looking at a set of Bilstein coilovers for mine, but failiing that, the ST V1's are next on my list...

·
Registered
436 Posts
When I ordered my car I selected the 18" wheels - this also lowered the car by 20mm - I think it was the "Sport Suspension" option. Maybe you could get the OEM Sport Suspension Springs - at least you know they will fit.

Enjoy your Eos - I have for the last 10 years.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I ordered my car I selected the 18" wheels - this also lowered the car by 20mm - I think it was the "Sport Suspension" option. Maybe you could get the OEM Sport Suspension Springs - at least you know they will fit.

Enjoy your Eos - I have for the last 10 years.
ah that sounds like a good idea! This one has 17s and def looks standard height. Do you have a pic of yours for reference if you dont mind?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Photos attached. When selecting 18” we also get the small plastic “spats” at the top of the wheel arches front and rear.

Attachments

·
497 Posts
Photos attached. When selecting 18” we also get the small plastic “spats” at the top of the wheel arches front and rear.
Interesting, are those "Le Mans" wheels they look very similar to mine but the 18" version.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I think they are - it was 2006 that I ordered the car so my memory has faded a little. Unfortunately they have been repainted a couple of times due to kerb rash. The machined face of the rim has long gone. They are due for a tidy up and I may do it myself this time.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I think they are - it was 2006 that I ordered the car so my memory has faded a little. Unfortunately they have been repainted a couple of times due to kerb rash. The machined face of the rim has long gone. They are due for a tidy up and I may do it myself this time.
You could try some Alloygaitors that may help with the kerb rash.

Mick

·
Registered
436 Posts
The Alloygaitors look interesting - I might give them a go - Thank you.

·
497 Posts
That explains why I did not fully recognise them, mine still have the original diamond cut finish, still a great design.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I have just remembered what the rims were called SAMARKAND. I think they are the same as the Le Mans but 18".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So it looks like its down to two kits for me. The H&R 35mm all round or the eibach 25/30mm front 25mm back.
Im guessing a 4 wheel full alignment might be needed afterwards if the camber is out but thats par for the course. As im going for a sports look, im still on the fence as to which will nicely achieve this. My head says 25mm is the one, but i know stock ride height is pretty high. Mine looks like a 25 would be spot on but then as someone pointed out, being 7 years old this is probably sitting lower than it was out the factory.
What are your thoughts chaps?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
So it looks like its down to two kits for me. The H&R 35mm all round or the eibach 25/30mm front 25mm back.
Im guessing a 4 wheel full alignment might be needed afterwards if the camber is out but thats par for the course. As im going for a sports look, im still on the fence as to which will nicely achieve this. My head says 25mm is the one, but i know stock ride height is pretty high. Mine looks like a 25 would be spot on but then as someone pointed out, being 7 years old this is probably sitting lower than it was out the factory.
What are your thoughts chaps?
Just done a 35mm drop on my 2010 SE EOS and had to have a full laser track done, turns out my rear tracking went out after drop. I also have 18" rims and have no clearance problems whatsoever.

Mick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just done a 35mm drop on my 2010 SE EOS and had to have a full laser track done, turns out my rear tracking went out after drop. I also have 18" rims and have no clearance problems whatsoever.

Mick
Exactly what i wanted to hear thanks, Mick!
Is that it in your profile photo? I will def factor in the full laser track, i did think that would be the case from the reading ive done so far.
Cheers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have Koni top adjustable shocks and Eibach springs on my MK 2 16V Golf, the ride on the Eibachs is really good, keeps the standard feel, not overly bumpy or crashy over drains or pot holes but there is less body roll and the car feels taughter, the car is lowered but not a silly amount, I think it was 35-40mm. I wouldn’t hesitate to get them again.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts