Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! My name is Ashley and I am the proud owner of a 2008 Eos Komfort 6-speed. Her name is BB (short for Black Beauty) and she's got a few mods. So far, the list of mods includes: Raceland Ultimo coilovers, BBS LM reps (STR LM 601's 17x7x5), axle back exhaust with chrome tips, custom cold air intake, Forge BOV spacer, HID kit, voltage and boost gauges, shaved emblems, eyelids and yellow fogs. Much more to come as well!! :D

Can't wait to interact with some fellow Dub lovers ;)

Attachments

·
Save the manuals!
474 Posts
Nice looking Sleek Black Beauty! It's also cool to see another 6-speed Eos owner; they're pretty rare in the States. I'd like to do some suspension work on ours and get some seventeen inch wheels, but that probably won't ever happen as it's my wife's car and she likes a cushier ride. Can't sneak that on like I did the APR tune.;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! The coils provide a pretty good ride, just need to be careful going places with the low stance ;) How much did you pay for the tune, if you don't mind me asking? What stage did you go to? I would love stage 2 but I think that requires some hardware upgrades, which I don't have the funds for right now :(

·
Save the manuals!
474 Posts
Not at all - it was $599. Stage I, with stock, 91 & 93 octane programs. That was back in 2009, and the price hasn't budged since then (a coworker is currently looking at a tune for his CC). Keep an eye out for APR's sales. Usually once a quarter they run one, and for the same price they give you any extra programs you'd like, up to four IIRC. It's cool how easy it is to switch between programs using the cruise stalk, if you're on a road trip and can't find 93 octane, for example. That feature and having an APR vendor convenient to work is why I went with them.

Our Eos is amazingly fast with just Stage I - I really have to watch it the infrequent occasions I drive it. I'm more used to my DD slow-poke wagon.

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,255 Posts
Also VERY happy with APR Stage 1 tune (93 octane). I do not feel any need whatsoever to do more.

·
2014 Horizon Blue
290 Posts
Snazzy wheels! Welcome to the forum! Happy to hear that you're enjoying your new ride!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I may have to consider going stage 1 then. My thought was if I was going to get a tune I'd go for 2+ and do all the upgrades, but it seems like everyone is happy with stage 1! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! They're just vinyl, I ordered a sheet for like 5 bucks. worked pretty good! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts