Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gas Bumper Automotive tire Road surface Fixture

Automotive tire Finger Yellow Automotive lighting Wood

Yellow Gas Cable Bumper Automotive exterior

Hello all I really need so help. I have a 2007 VW eos. I needed to swap my non working seats for some working ones. I installed them and most everything works, but I have 2 plugs left from the seat. One yellow one which I believe goes to the seat belt plug. The other I’m not sure. The real problem is I have a yellow adapter in the floor that looks to require a 2 pin plug that I don’t seem to have coming from the seat? I have attached pictures of my current issue and the 2nd picture is my old seat and plug That my new seat doesn’t have. I have hard wired in the existing connections. These are the error codes I have now. Any advice? Gas Bumper Automotive tire Road surface Fixture
Publication Font Gadget Material property Book

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Any yellow plugs are special for the airbag system. If they are not connected correctly you should be seeing an airbag fault? If there is no airbag dash fault then those seat connectors may not be used in your system? You need to check what options were present on the original seats. Some have seat belt tensioners fired by the airbag system, others not, then there may also be airbags in the seat sides?

· Registered
8,834 Posts
Post up your scan results to give more information. Special yellow connectors are always related to the safety system to fire airbags. If a diagnostics scan shows a short circuit for a yellow connector on the loom side that usually means it's not been connected because the loom connector design shorts itself as a safety feature, until it's connected.

If you replace seats that had side airbag protection (a yellow connector underneath) with one that doesn't (No yellow connector underneath), or uses different squib firing resistance, you either have a yellow loom plug that doesn't go anywhere, it has been deliberately made different to only mate with seat squibs compatible with another system, or the replacement used seat has a faulty squib and was sold off cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts