Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade my rims to 18" black wheels ( I own a black Eos 3.2)....does anyone know any additional information on the bolt distances and sensor location for the computer?

Better yet, is there a specific type of wheel manufacturer or even a website out there that caters to VW's and Eos'? I can't seem to find anything!

I live in Los Angeles...thanks!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Did you check www.tirerack.com? I just checked and they have a very good selection of wheels. A few of the BBS rims in black look very good. Be sure to post photos after you make the update!

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
I want to upgrade my rims to 18" black wheels ( I own a black Eos 3.2)....does anyone know any additional information on the bolt distances and sensor location for the computer?

Better yet, is there a specific type of wheel manufacturer or even a website out there that caters to VW's and Eos'? I can't seem to find anything!

I live in Los Angeles...thanks!

Try: www.autoanything.com/car/Volkswagen/eos/96A1A11A2847/A2006.aspx

You might find something..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi All
If I remember correctly the tyre pressure monitor system relies not on a sensor in the wheel but on the ABS system. Basically the ABS can tell if the circumference of the tyre has changed (i.e. a puncture) and the warning light comes on the dashboard. If you change the tyre pressures on your car you are advised to press and hold the button on the centre console. I think this is all explained in the depths of the manual. I would suggest that you keep the car manual in the toilet at home. I did this and it was read more than when it is in the glove box. I do remember after a particular dodgy meal I read lots of pages through that day.
RgdS Paj

·
Registered
84 Posts
Paj45 you're right the tyre pressure monitor uses the ABS wheel sensors, obviously if the pressure in a tyre is greatly reduced it effectivley alters the circumference of the wheel and therefore rotates at a different speed to what it should, the ABS sensor will detect this and put the warning light on.

pdog :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
A few responses:

Melody2020: Have you found the wheels you were looking for yet? Any fitting issues and so on?

Paj45 & Pdog: You are both partially right about the ABS tire pressure monitoring. It depends on what country your EOS is in. In the US all EOS' sold have an individual TPMS built int to each wheel. This device can be installed on almost any wheel. In Austrailia and I believe the UK they use the ABS method for detecting tire pressure. I really have no idea why they don't just standardize these types of things :confused: .

and lastly;

Swordfish: Who makes those wheels and do you know if they would work on the EOS?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
107 Posts
and lastly;

Swordfish: Who makes those wheels and do you know if they would work on the EOS?

Thanks all!
They're made by schmidt and the company who's logo is in the picture were advertising them on another site as "for the EOS", so I'm guessing they do work.
I have known companies advertising bee-sting aerials for the EOS though, maybe they haven't realised the aerial is inside the the boot/trunk lid!

·
Registered
61 Posts
These aren't on their site yet, but they've just started selling them. Black and chrome....

The Schmidt rims rules!!
The exact name is Jackline/Inox Lip/8J x 18H2 Monoblock
You can find other rims at www.felge.de
I'm also looking for schmidt rims:D

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can everyone please post the website you go to or you did go to when you got your rims?? I want to get some 18" for my Eos but I want to look at all options first!! Thanks for the help!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts